Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leasing or buying a car from Jaguar.!! need info

tag
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

Leasing or buying a car from Jaguar.!! need info

I'm in need of all the info I can get on the Jaguar lease program, I know chase is who they go through. Also what about anybody that has purchased a vehicle from the them. APR, Credit scores the whole 9. What do they require for the lease program & also how well are they with apr;s on the buy  program

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Re: Leasing or buying a car from Jaguar.!! need info

Chase might be hard to obtain an approval with low scores, or non established credit... But overall Jaguar is no different than Any other car just a little more pricier, shop around for the best loan, possible go to your credit union
Message 2 of 12
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

When you say low scores what do you consider being too low for chase. I be hovering around 700-710 when I go to apply for the loan.

Message 3 of 12
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Those scores will probably end up in Tier 1 or 2 after auto enhancing.

Luxury dealers are not only pricier but they also have stricter underwriting requirements.

How much are you looking at for the vehicle and what is your income and your debts?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 12
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

On the buy side well I have seen some 2010 -2011's for around 35-40k. I plan on finanacing 30K. I can put down 10 K, as far as the lease goes I'm not really sure if Im a do that because they changed the engines in the 2013's to V6's. My bills I wont have any. I  got a 1st premier credit card for 2yrs C.L. 300, been paid on time for the 2years, by the time June gets here I will have had my 5/3 credit card (C.L. $1000) for 6 months utilization for both cards under 10%. I got a installement loan I took out at my credit union that only reports to Trans for 1500 that will be paid off in May. on time payments & a paid judgement on my credit report. My income is 79,000..I basically wont have any debts besides th utilization at 10%

Message 5 of 12
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You don't want to put down a substantial amount on a lease. I would say $35K purchase price at the most with your income.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 12
Dustink
Valued Contributor

What makes you want a Jaguar over any other brand?

Have you test driven all other makes whether Japanese, German, or American? Be sure to make a well informed purchase. Test drive as many cars as you can while keeping an open mind.

I would recommend you test drive an Infiniti g37x.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 7 of 12
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

What makes you want a Jaguar over any other brand?

Have you test driven all other makes whether Japanese, German, or American? Be sure to make a well informed purchase. Test drive as many cars as you can while keeping an open mind.

I would recommend you test drive an Infiniti g37x.

I would recommend a used M3 for under 40k, and to come meet me at Bimmerfest, but thats just my biased opinion! Infinitis dont handle the track too well... Robot Very Happy

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 8 of 12
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

I been wanting the XF for a few years now, I test drove it & it just made me want it even more. Those inifitis are very nice, got a friend who has 2 of em but there not my style. For some reason the XF just sticks out & has held my attention. so my minds pretty much set. Also I like the certified warrantys that come with the select used jaguars.

Message 9 of 12
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

Yes I wouldnt put too much down on a lease. If i did it a be the bare minimum. As far as buying I want to take out a loan for no more than 30K. whatever the price of the car is I want to bring the cost down 30K, down payment & also talking them down as low as i can,

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.