Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender Pull and I have totally diffent scores

tag
summerhunny11
Contributor

Lender Pull and I have totally diffent scores

So I had my mortage lender friend pull our scores for me and they are totally higher that I thought. Now, do mortgage and auto lenders use pretty much the same scoring model for installment loans?

Myfico was the same as this site but my EX was 689 (589 on experians site) and my TU was 714 (784 fako on TU site).

My husbands TU was also higher that we thought 679.

I am looking to buy or lease asap so what are your thoughts? I do have a perfect auto and cc history and a couple medical coll.

5/13-EQ 652,TU 634, EX 612
6/13-mortgage lender pull
EQ 652, EX 689, TU 714
6/22/13 Auto pull (Infiniti)
EX Auto II 714, TU 745

Capital One $1500, Orchard $500, Premier $700
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Lender Pull and I have totally diffent scores

I hear auto lenders more often than not use an auto enhanced scoring method. If you got good installment history expecially good auto loans, then your auto-enhanced witll proabably be higher.

Message 2 of 10
summerhunny11
Contributor

Right, which is what I was hoping. I was browsing the forums to see how much more an auto enhanced could be than the normal score shown here and on the other sites. This mortgage lender pull made me very happy! I am having a rapid rescore done now so I don't have to wait 30-90 days for the bureaus to update. Car shopping starts in about a week! YAY!

Everything I read from previous posters was that their auto score was lower than their normal score.

EQ 652, EX 689, TU 714
EX Auto II 714, TU 745

Message 3 of 10
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

90% or more of lenders use FICO score, and each lender may use all different versions of FICO. There are more than 40 versions of FICO so you never know which lender  uses which version, so your score will vary by who pulled it and what version they used. 

Buy a car, dont lease. Lease is just a long term car rental. 

Message 4 of 10
peachi8799

If there's one thing that I've learned over the last 9 months, it's that you might be able to predict a rough estimate of your scores, but ultimately what the bank ends up with will vary. The credit bureaus do not provide scores to the banks, they provide the information held within your credit report. The banks use a scoring system (like OP said, there are over 40 models) to process the report information and give them a score. You could go to two banks on the same day and you will most likely see them "pull" different scores. 

Also, in October I had a 649 TU score (not the greatest!) and my CREDIT UNION (NOTE: NOT BANK) gave me a $15,000 loan with a 4.24% rate and 60 month term for a total of $285 monthly payments. I bought myself a kick a** 2010 Mercury Milan Premier with 33,000 miles. If you are trying to get approved for an auto loan with less than perfect credit I can't stress using a credit union enough. You may still have to look around a little; we were rejected by the first one (although this was using an online application) but we showed up in person to the second one and they were fantastic! HOWEVER, the opposite is true for a mortgage.. CU's typically have strict guidelines with mortgages and I had great success using a referral to a mortgage broker who can shop around for your loan.

These are obvoiusly my experiences and will not necessarily be true for others, but I wanted to share what I've learned.

And yes, as the OP said --- DO NOT LEASE. Leasing is for nitwits and people with too much money.

Starting Scores: Equifax: 534 Experian: 590 TransUnion: 632 FICO: ?
Current Scores: Equifax: 598 Experian: 631 TransUnion: 700 FICO: ?
Goal Scores: Equifax: 680 Experian: 710 TransUnion: 740 FICO: ?

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@summerhunny11 wrote:

So I had my mortage lender friend pull our scores for me and they are totally higher that I thought. Now, do mortgage and auto lenders use pretty much the same scoring model for installment loans?

Myfico was the same as this site but my EX was 689 (589 on experians site) and my TU was 714 (784 fako on TU site).

My husbands TU was also higher that we thought 679.

I am looking to buy or lease asap so what are your thoughts? I do have a perfect auto and cc history and a couple medical coll.

1. Don't ever have your mortgage friend pull your credit again for you unless you want a mortgage... those are real INQs that count against you!

2. What are you looking at buying or leasing?

3. Do you have something now? what's on your reports bringing them down a bit?

Message 6 of 10
summerhunny11
Contributor

I'm sorry. You missed some previous posts about why my lender pulled my score. I didn't have him pullit for fun. He is doing a rapid rescore for me and I am getting an auto loan withing two weeks. So, I will be fine with the mutiple pulls.

I have two negatives on my report and we are not sure why my husbands exp and tu are not reporting a score.

We're working on it.

EQ 652, EX 689, TU 714
EX Auto II 714, TU 745

Message 7 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@summerhunny11 wrote:

I'm sorry. You missed some previous posts about why my lender pulled my score. I didn't have him pullit for fun. He is doing a rapid rescore for me and I am getting an auto loan withing two weeks. So, I will be fine with the mutiple pulls.

I have two negatives on my report and we are not sure why my husbands exp and tu are not reporting a score.

We're working on it.

sorry Smiley Happy Carry on then Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Our dealer got ford to get us 3.9 x 60 months, no cash down, score 620...dealer pulled about 670. Ford certified pre-owned.
Message 9 of 10
summerhunny11
Contributor

I'm very excited to see what I can get.I have one credit union to go to before I head down to the dealerships. I can't wait to see how my score bump after I get my rapid rescore back. I am just happy that my score were a lot higher than I thought and saw on EX and TU sites =)

EQ 652, EX 689, TU 714
EX Auto II 714, TU 745

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.