Established Member
davefromca

Lending tree, cars direct....should I let these guys find my auto loan for me?

I read some of the older posts and people seem kind of iffy on these websites but it seems to me like its the best option for anyone. I mean, they do all the work for you right? All you have to do is click the best offer. + You only have one pull on your credit and you get multiple offers. Just wanted to know if there are any draw backs to this to using a "broker" like this. 

Valued Contributor
tooleman694

Re: Lending tree, cars direct....should I let these guys find my auto loan for me?

Last time I did it I got pulled more than once. But no big deal.

I did a loan with them before. pretty easy.

Revelate

Re: Lending tree, cars direct....should I let these guys find my auto loan for me?

[ Edited ]

LIkely going to get more than one pull anyway when loan shopping, doesn't matter for auto / mortgage loans anyway if done all within a short-period, and when I tried lending tree they were clustered together very neatly.

Personally I think it's a good solution if someone has sub-optimal credit for whatever reason: you get a good distribution of lenders and ones you might not otherwise find anyway (someone found a one-off CU with a fantastic rate through them as reported here), and they were even able to find a loan for me which was pretty close to what I actually wound up with regardless given how ugly my file was a year ago.  

Edit: this is especially true if shopping for a used car I think almost regardless of credit strata, but usually the pretty report-wielding people already have good options.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 672, Wally TU 686, EX 702 (04/14)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Good luck

webhopper

I used lending tree and found the broker that finally got my mortgage to go through... local banks were failing because of my scenario with owning rental property...

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+