Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LendingTree -- shoot me now, I'm too stupid to live

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LendingTree -- shoot me now, I'm too stupid to live

I can't remember if it was lending tree or not but I was looking for a prequalification site too and at the top it said in bold letters checking your rates will not affect you score, but it wanted me to put in all my information and then at the bottom i had to check a box saying i understand my credit will be run by different companies....? So I just backed out because I didn't want to take any chances. Unless all the companies are going to run soft pulls, how can they make the promise that it wont affect my credit?

Message 11 of 15
nineironkitty
Established Member

I read about DCU on  a few other posts and I'm reading the current reviews for it on YELP.  Not sure I'd use them at all, they're not getting the greatest reviews for their loans or customer service.

EQ - 656
EX - 671
TU - 629
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ispy1

Welcome to the myFico forums.

Sorry for your frustration with the INQs.

This place is usually known for the goal we strive for, which is FSR, which is for Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful.

Hopefully, the INQs stopped for you by now.

GL

Message 13 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@nineironkitty wrote:

I read about DCU on  a few other posts and I'm reading the current reviews for it on YELP.  Not sure I'd use them at all, they're not getting the greatest reviews for their loans or customer service.

That is unusual. Most of the posts I have seen have DCU as excellent.  The only negative posts I have seen for DCU are when someone attempted to finance or refi an auto loan without being properly prepared first. By properly prepared, I mean they didn't have income, or their DTI was too high or their scores too low or a combo of all three. Naturally they have to underwrite the loan. The borrower is the one that has to prepare their financials before asking for a loan. 

Message 14 of 15
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:

I stand by my comment, too many posters here use credit as an entertainment vehicle; trying to get as much CL as possible, juicing up the FICO score, more cards, etc.  It's fine as it goes, but it can boomerang on anybody and you see it all the time in posts where people have gotten into trouble.  I'm not sure what my 1,000 posts since 2008 has anything to do with it.  I was NOT saying you were using it as a playground, if you read that into it it was not intended to say that.

ABSOLUTELY 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.