Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lendingtree.com

tag
StartingOver87
Valued Member

Re: Lendingtree.com

Just got Approved by Toyota up to 399 a month with 1,500 down, Going Friday to look around, She said she could put me in a nice used Camry.  I think I will do that and maybe trade in a year. This will be my first Auto loan so im not complaining. Smiley Happy

Currently have 2 Collections Reporting as Paid
1 30 days late on an old CC from 06 Paid and Closed
Two Capital One CC's Both 300.00 Limit, Both under 10%
1 Amazon Store Card 400.00 Limit 50%
1 Orchard Bank CC 300.00 Limit under 5%
Current Score : EQ Fico 586 TU Fico 620
Goal : 700
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver87 wrote:

Just got Approved by Toyota up to 399 a month with 1,500 down, Going Friday to look around, She said she could put me in a nice used Camry.  I think I will do that and maybe trade in a year. This will be my first Auto loan so im not complaining. Smiley Happy

Just a suggestion.  Don't negotiate based on the monthly payment and down payment.  Dealers do this all the time because they want to hide what you are actually paying and often include things like Gap Insurance and Warranties without making this clear.  I can just recommend to take a step back and get the price they are charging you for the car, not your monthly payment.  Compare that to the fair purchase price on places like KBB and Edmunds and go from there.

Message 12 of 16
StartingOver87
Valued Member

Thanks, I thought about that as well.

They have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ loaded with 119,000 miles for 20,000 KBB says its worth 24,000, So im going to see what they come up with Friday when I get to the lot.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver87 wrote:

Thanks, I thought about that as well.

They have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ loaded with 119,000 miles for 20,000 KBB says its worth 24,000, So im going to see what they come up with Friday when I get to the lot.

Wow, that sounds so expensive to me for a 6 year old car with 120k miles on it.  I just bought a brand new Kia for less than $17k

Message 14 of 16
StartingOver87
Valued Member

Its 4,000 under KBB suggested retail from a dealer, and its a really nice vehicle, it has been taken really good care of and I cant exactly get into a kia or carolla being 6'2 350lbs and with it being my first auto loan with a credit score of 602 im not going to get the best deal on the market. Ive accepted that I may have to start at rock bottom

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver87 wrote:

Its 4,000 under KBB suggested retail from a dealer, and its a really nice vehicle, it has been taken really good care of and I cant exactly get into a kia or carolla being 6'2 350lbs and with it being my first auto loan with a credit score of 602 im not going to get the best deal on the market. Ive accepted that I may have to start at rock bottom

Well, I didn't mean it was overpriced, since it is below Blue Book.  Everyone's priorities are different and I personally wouldn't want to have a huge debt like that for an older high mileage car that could break at any moment and leave me with a huge repair bill.  That was why I picked a cheaper new car over like a $12k used car.

On a personal note, have you ever tried a Soul?  The reason we bought it is because of how huge it is on the inside.  I love it and I feel like I have all the room in the world.  I'm 6'0, 280lb.  Not quite as large as you, but not tiny exactly.  I think the Toyota equivalent is the Scion xB, but I didn't like it as much.  Kia Soul is so roomy inside, but still a smaller car as far as the footprint with great mpg.

The good news on a Tahoe is that you can get them at a great price now.  Large SUVs and truck prices are plummeting right now as gas goes up, so you do have that working for you!  I read on here a story from someone that bought a used truck in 2008 when the last gas hike happened.  He sold it back a year later at a profit, that's how cheap he got.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.