Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LightStream Auto Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LightStream Auto Loan

I was not able to find a great deal of the information that I wanted before applying, so I thought I would share my experience.  I applied for a $35,000 at 2.49% used auto loan from LightStream.  They approved me within 20 minutes without asking for any additional information or verification.  The loan is unsecured.  They hard-pulled my Equifax report. They used the FICO 8 score, which was 823 for me.

Update - I guess they pulled Experian as well as I got a credit monitoring alert on that.  The credit score disclosure they sent me referenced Equifax, but that might be due to it being my highest score.  My Experian FICO 8 is 809.  There is no evidence so far that they pulled Transunion.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LightStream Auto Loan

Congrats, what are you going to get?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, what are you going to get?

A luxury Hummer for my wife.  She has wanted one for a while.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your report.  Experiences have been all over the map with this outfit.  Some people have been really happy with Lightstream, others, not, regaling forums with Lightstream did wrong by them.  

I'm glad to hear that Lightstream have worked out for a number of individuals, I intend to apply with them.

Message 4 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

If your scores are high enough, many CUs would beat that rate.  RBFCU has rates below 2%.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.