Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightstream needs copy of title to approve loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lightstream needs copy of title to approve loan

My gf and I applied for a private party used auto loan from Lightstream. Received and email stating that they needed some additional documentation to contnue the process. They asked for a copy of each of our paystubs and also a copy of the vehicle title. Paystubs were easy enough, but the title threw me off because I don't have a title to a car I haven't purchased.  The main reason we went through Lightsteam is because they were touting that we could buy "any car from any seller" and "shop as a cas buyer"

Has anyone had to do this while going thru Lightstream? I have a few cars I was looking at, but I asked the seller of my top choice and he was not comfortable giving me a copy of the title before any deal was struck. Unfortunately there is no customer service on Sundays.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Lightstream needs copy of title to approve loan

Looks like it will need to wait until Monday. I imagine Lightstream want to ensure that their is not a lein on the car and that it is not a salvage title or something.

You could see if a copy of the registration would be acceptable to them as that should provide the information they are requesting.

I know my state they have electronic titles until the car is paid in full.

Please let us know how it works out.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to work with the seller and they sent a copy of the title. Uploaded to Lightstream and I'm still waiting to hear back. Loan processing is open til 6pm EST, but I'm thinking I'll most likely hear tomorrow. 

Message 3 of 4
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.