Likelihood of obtaining good financing

FICO 8 EQ: 685

FICO 8 TU: 681

FICO 8 EX: 667

Gross Monthly Income

$7300

Time of Current Employment

3 years

My wife and I are looking to purchase a new SUV in approximately 6 months.  While we have had credit issues in the distant past (over 7 years ago), the only things currently lurking on my report are a handful of 30-60 day late payments on a car loan due to some unexpected medical costs with my children over the last couple of years.  All of my payment history is current, but my credit utilization is high.  By the end of six months, my credit utilization should be around 30%.  Will these next six months help enough showing on time payments to obtain a decent interest rate?  We are looking at financing around $50,000 after a $7500 down payment.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Likelihood of obtaining good financing

When was your last late payment?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

about 6 months ago

Message 3 of 5
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Havig your last late payment a year behind you versus today (only 6 months ago) will improve your chances.

Dropping the utilization to below 30% should also provide a nice score boost.

Hopefully you will end up north of 720 score wise by then, increasing chances for favorable terms.

Message 4 of 5
Appleman
Valued Contributor

You may want to plug in your information to the CapitalOne Auto Navigator (make sure it is the one that only does a SP and not a HP).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.