cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of consumer incentives if you are in the market to buy a car (new and certified pre-owned)

tag
soliloquy
Regular Contributor

List of consumer incentives if you are in the market to buy a car (new and certified pre-owned)

You'll need to update your zipcode but this was a very useful sight for me when I decided on finally buying a car.

You can also look at dealer incentives (what the dealer will receive when you buy a new car - which gives you some negotiation room) and incentives for certified pre-owned vehicles.

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/incentives/incentivesAll.jsp?zc=90210

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: List of consumer incentives if you are in the market to buy a car (new and certified pre-owned)

its interesting, but:

1-there are grave differences between zip codes, and the Zip code of the address you register the car does determine the deal.

2- In regards to Ford- many are not stackable, or usuable with AZX plans.

3- many only exist in certain configurations of the car you are buying and or the car you are trading in. A "Loyalty rebate" may only be if you currently lease a car.

Message 2 of 5
Regular Contributor

Re: List of consumer incentives if you are in the market to buy a car (new and certified pre-owned)

Thanks for the link. It is very nice that they are all on one screen.

I found it cool to know the 2011 Focus had a $2000 incentive but the 2012 only has a $750. $2000 on a $17000 car is quite a bit. I would guess it is because the 2012 ones look far better then the ugly 2011s. Also its hard to sell the last year of a model before a redesign because it looks "old"

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@92235 wrote:

Thanks for the link. It is very nice that they are all on one screen.

I found it cool to know the 2011 Focus had a $2000 incentive but the 2012 only has a $750. $2000 on a $17000 car is quite a bit. I would guess it is because the 2012 ones look far better then the ugly 2011s. Also its hard to sell the last year of a model before a redesign because it looks "old"

Rebates and incentives are done for the benefit of the manufacturer and then the dealership. Customers not so much.

When you have 2 model years ofthe same  vehicles under one roof you are not only selling against your competition, you are selling the 2011 against the 2012.

Older vehicles on a lot also cost a dealership more in financing- one of the worst thing any conventional dealership wants to have is a car on the lot that has had a birthday..the exra costs just add up. Clearing out the old inventory just lets you sell what you have.

Lease incentives through the manufacturer finance arm: usually at the slightly start of the vehicle model year are more beneficial then at the end, and are always better in december then january.

Message 4 of 5
soliloquy
Regular Contributor

All I know for sure is I was happy with the .9% financing. I don't care how it benefits them as long as my interest rate is minimal.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.