Regular Contributor
soliloquy

List of consumer incentives if you are in the market to buy a car (new and certified pre-owned)

[ Edited ]

You'll need to update your zipcode but this was a very useful sight for me when I decided on finally buying a car.

You can also look at dealer incentives (what the dealer will receive when you buy a new car - which gives you some negotiation room) and incentives for certified pre-owned vehicles.

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/incentives/incentivesAll.jsp?zc=90210

Valued Contributor
usmc58555

Re: List of consumer incentives if you are in the market to buy a car (new and certified pre-owned)

its interesting, but:

1-there are grave differences between zip codes, and the Zip code of the address you register the car does determine the deal.

2- In regards to Ford- many are not stackable, or usuable with AZX plans.

3- many only exist in certain configurations of the car you are buying and or the car you are trading in. A "Loyalty rebate" may only be if you currently lease a car.

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Regular Contributor

Re: List of consumer incentives if you are in the market to buy a car (new and certified pre-owned)

Thanks for the link. It is very nice that they are all on one screen.

I found it cool to know the 2011 Focus had a $2000 incentive but the 2012 only has a $750. $2000 on a $17000 car is quite a bit. I would guess it is because the 2012 ones look far better then the ugly 2011s. Also its hard to sell the last year of a model before a redesign because it looks "old"

Valued Contributor
usmc58555

92235 wrote:

Thanks for the link. It is very nice that they are all on one screen.

I found it cool to know the 2011 Focus had a $2000 incentive but the 2012 only has a $750. $2000 on a $17000 car is quite a bit. I would guess it is because the 2012 ones look far better then the ugly 2011s. Also its hard to sell the last year of a model before a redesign because it looks "old"

Rebates and incentives are done for the benefit of the manufacturer and then the dealership. Customers not so much.

When you have 2 model years ofthe same  vehicles under one roof you are not only selling against your competition, you are selling the 2011 against the 2012.

Older vehicles on a lot also cost a dealership more in financing- one of the worst thing any conventional dealership wants to have is a car on the lot that has had a birthday..the exra costs just add up. Clearing out the old inventory just lets you sell what you have.

Lease incentives through the manufacturer finance arm: usually at the slightly start of the vehicle model year are more beneficial then at the end, and are always better in december then january.

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Regular Contributor
soliloquy

[ Edited ]

All I know for sure is I was happy with the .9% financing. I don't care how it benefits them as long as my interest rate is minimal.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}