cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan App Questions

tag
Tornado2011

Loan App Questions

Hi. I'm new here. I'm in the process of filling out an application for an auto loan. I'm not sure what to put down for monthly rent & wanted to get some input. My wife pays half the rent. Do I put the full rent amount or just the amount I pay? I'm applying by myself. If full, will it hurt my chances at getting approved?

Another question....

I'd like to know what my changes are of getting an auto loan. I have high credit card debt but all my payments are on time, with nothing negitive. 19 years on the job & 4 years at my residence. My FICO is 683. I figured I'd apply with my bank that I've been banking with for a long time before I went to the dealer. Any input would be great. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jmontes77029
New Contributor

Re: Loan App Questions

You can put your share of the rent on there. So if you pay half then put your half. If you put the full rent amount it will raise you Debt to Income Ration (DTI) and lower your approval amount. As for getting approved, I don't see any issues for you not getting approved. Any auto loans on credit credit report? If you want to get best deals, lower your credit card debt and there is a huge possibility that your score will increase alot.

Starting Score: 603 4/3/2011
Current Score: 633 6/02/2011
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Tornado2011

Thanks for the info! Yes, I have one auto loan on there, finished in 2005.

Message 3 of 8
jmontes77029
New Contributor

You should be good then.

Message 4 of 8
iMarcus
Contributor

Hey I'm trying to get a 2011 Toyota camry in december my car will be paid off next month it was only for a 10 month loan will that help me in any way?
Message 5 of 8
jmontes77029
New Contributor

Yes it should help you as long as its reported on credit report and no neg's on the auto loan.

Message 6 of 8
iMarcus
Contributor

Thanks the only bad thing about it is that it's only reporting to transunion
Message 7 of 8
Tornado2011

after looking at my report, I have 2 CC that show I'm over my limit. I'm sure it would be a good idea to wait till these are under before applying. How much of a factor would this have? Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.