ficoman935

Loan Approval for 34k car?

[ Edited ]

I am currently in the market for a second auto loan and would like to know what the community thought about my chances of approval. I would like to purchase a 34k vehicle. My fico score is around a 740. I have 15k of revolving credit available to me and have 0 usage. I have paid off one 21k auto loan previously and currently have one that was originally 17k and is now down to 12k, I bring home 3300 a month and my curernt obligations (car payment and rent) is 680 per month. I am planning on putting down 5-7k on this 34k vehicle, so I figure I will only need to finance about 30k after I add in taxes. The only reason I have a shadow of doubt about approval is because it would be my second car. Thank you guys for the input.

Established Contributor
ibmrad7

Re: Loan Approval for 34k car?

I think you wont have any problems at all.... 

I got approved for 27K from BMW financial with scores in 680-700 Range with 2.99% APR. I sold my car a day earlier, so the loan was still showing up on my CR with 10000 balance. I was sure that I am going to be denied but to my surprise, I got an instant online approval. At the time of approval I had three credit cards with combined CL of 3250 and two store cards. Only thing that would have worked in my favor in that I never missed a single payment on any of accounts ever.

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
ficoman935

Thanks for the reassurance! I want to go with my local credit union, but if they won't approve me for that amount then I will settle with applying through ford motor credit.

Established Contributor
ibmrad7

You will get it. Do post back your results. Good Luck :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+