cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan process when factory ordering vehicle

tag
Jackal24

Loan process when factory ordering vehicle

I am looking at factory ordering a Suburban. The total loan amount would be in the 65k range. What is the process of applying for land when there is a lag time of 4-6 weeks before I would get the vehicle? I want to make sure I will be approved before ordering, but I want to shop around for loans and not get a bunch of credit pulls now that might hurt my score when I have to run them again in 6 weeks. I did the capital one soft pull and was instantly approved for 40k at 4.2%, but the loan will be for closer to 65k, so that is out.

Income of around 110k.

EQ8 701. TU8 702. EX8 734.

EQ5 677. TU4 682. EX2 725.

EQ8 680. TU8 682. EX8 721. (Auto scores)

EQ5 677. TU4 624. EX2 707. (Auto scores)

EQ8 687. TU8 692. EX8 716. (Bankcard scores)

EQ5 659. TU4 633. EX2 712. (Bankcard scores)

EX3 683

EQ9 685. TU9 675. EX9 716.

EQ9 662. TU9 672. EX9 704. (Auto scores)

EQ9 676. TU9 662. EX9 702. (Bankcard scores)

3 REPLIES 3
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Loan process when factory ordering vehicle

Call your CU or Bank and they should be able to help you get financed even with the delay in getting the vehicle.

Those things are not cheap!

Please check back and let us know what you find out. PenFed may be a good option to check out as they do a pull initially and usually do not do another pull for 90 days for applications

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the process of doing exactly this with PenFed now.  Applied and was approved for $75K for an incoming Cadillac that I factory ordered.  As @Appleman states, PenFed's approvals are good for 90 days and when the vehicle arrives I just need to contact them with VIN and purchase order and they will send out the draft. 

Other credit unions will do the same.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

For my BMW order all had to do was give them a deposit, didn't need to do any financing of the vehicle until it was on the truck from the port.  My guess is it varies a bit but I would make sure that you acutally have to arrange financing before the order is placed, otherwise I would just wait unitl a week or so before it arrives at the dealership.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.