Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking For A New Lease, Any Advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking For A New Lease, Any Advice?

Hello,

My current lease will be up in 10 months (getting prepared early) and I was looking into a new lease. I am currently with Chrysler Capital for a Jeep Compass for $139 / month with $3000 including taxes fees etc. I had a co-signer for this lease but would like to do the next one alone. No more negatives reporting on my credit report except a late payment to Chrysler Capital that was a banking error and I am looking into trying to get it removed. Otherwise Chrysler Capital has always been paid on time and even early / extra most months. My current FICO is 687 but that is not reporting the credit cards that were paid off yet. Also my credit utilization is 12%. I do have a new mortgage but that is in good standing.

Take home about 67K.

I would love to lease a Jeep Wrangler 4 door. Don’t need anything special in it bare basic automatic trim is fine with me.

Any idea what this would look like or any other car ideas?

I’m open to considering all.
3 REPLIES 3
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking For A New Lease, Any Advice?

To try to maximize your credit profile:

Do try to get the late payment removed. This will help.

Get your utilization below 9% and for ideal numbers, one card reporting a 1% to 8% will likely give you best score.

Have money available for down payment.

Hopefully your score will increase but imagine you should easily qualify.

You may want to see if the Capital One Auto navigator (soft pull pre-approval) will provide you a pre-approval.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice. I just paid down utilization to 7%. Now just waiting for it to report.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.