cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a lower rate. Refinance or get another car?

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking for a lower rate. Refinance or get another car?

@masscredit wrote:
DCU, is that Digital Federal Credit Union? They are in my state. I tried my credit union last Summer but was denied. Don't know if I am blacklisted by them because they foreclosed on a $500k house in '09. Also tried another local credit union without success along with a bank through AAA that listed good rates. I rather refi then be able to bring the balance of just over $10k down a lot quicker. If I did get into another car, I'd be close to doubling the balance which I rather not do.

I had a BK in Feb of '10 and have 4-5 tax liens that aren't going anywhere. Besides that, 100% on time payments since the BK. Scores and current credit in my signature. If you have suggestions for other places that I show try, I'd appreciate them.

Yes, that is Digital Credit Union.  You may go by a branch with a copy of your report and talk to them to see what they say.  A lot of members have found success with them on new auto, auto refi, and credit card approvals with very competitve rates. 

I think its worth a shot, and if you're approved for membership, simply move everything over to them

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 21
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@masscredit wrote:
DCU, is that Digital Federal Credit Union? They are in my state. I tried my credit union last Summer but was denied. Don't know if I am blacklisted by them because they foreclosed on a $500k house in '09. Also tried another local credit union without success along with a bank through AAA that listed good rates. I rather refi then be able to bring the balance of just over $10k down a lot quicker. If I did get into another car, I'd be close to doubling the balance which I rather not do.

I had a BK in Feb of '10 and have 4-5 tax liens that aren't going anywhere. Besides that, 100% on time payments since the BK. Scores and current credit in my signature. If you have suggestions for other places that I show try, I'd appreciate them.

Yes, that is Digital Credit Union.  You may go by a branch with a copy of your report and talk to them to see what they say.  A lot of members have found success with them on new auto, auto refi, and credit card approvals with very competitve rates. 

I think its worth a shot, and if you're approved for membership, simply move everything over to them

I'm looking at their site now. I don't know what they consider my credit (scores 660-685, BK and some tax liens), I'm guessing "below average".  If so, the rate that they show is 5.49% which is still MUCH better than what I have now. Good, excellent and superior credit shows a rate of 1.99%.  The closest branch is about an hour away. I don't mind taking the drive but might just call first to see what they say. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 12 of 21
masscredit
Valued Contributor

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Approved at DCU @ 2.49%!!!!!!!!!!

i love you guys!!!!  This just made my month!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

Bye bye 17.1% rate at Cap 1!!!!!!! Smiley Happy 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 13 of 21
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats!!!!

That's awesome.  I'm glad it worked out for you. 

Message 14 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Anonymous at DCU @ 2.49%!!!!!!!!!!

i love you guys!!!!  This just made my month!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

Bye bye 17.1% rate at Cap 1!!!!!!! Smiley Happy 

That is an amazing rate!!! 

Congrats on your refi!!!   It helps that they are local, so you may be able to do everything you need right there in the branch!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 21
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Besides saving a ton of money, it also feels good to see progress with my credit being rebuilt. I had one last question for them and that is if I can pick my payment date. No problem doing that. So I guess the money that I would have used for the payment next week will go towards tires. Very glad that I called them today!

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 16 of 21
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I did a little more research when I got home tonight.  It looks like I received their lowest rate.  It will actualy be 1.99% Surprised doesn't even discribe how I feel. Especially after being denied 3 times before. I'll get the 1.99% rate instead of 2.49% when I do two of the three -

* Qualifying services include:

1. Direct deposit of your net pay, Social Security, or pension to your DCU checking account.
  2. Receive all your DCU monthly account and loan statements electronically.
  3. Have an active loan with DCU (e.g. Visa credit card, auto loan, mortgage, equity loan).

I got a payoff from Cap 1 today.  I'm currently paying $4.95 per day/$148.50 per month in interest. That will drop down to $.59 per day 17.70 per month. 

If anyone is thinking about refinancing, I suggest checking them out. I'll be heading to a branch to take care of everything tomorrow. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 17 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Another great DCU story Smiley Happy

Seems like they are up there with NFCU.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 18 of 21
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks!  I went to the bank and took care of everything today.  Membership, checking account, savings account, debit card, auto loan at 1.99% and was approved for a Visa card with a $1k limit.  They said I can receive that one when I show that my '11 tax lien is taken care of.  That's on the back burner for now. 

The bank was very good to work with. Nice people, great rates, what more can you ask for? Smiley Happy 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 19 of 21
annebythesea
New Contributor

That is such great news and such a awesome rate and LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY YOU ARE NOW SAVING! DCU totally helped you out!

Starting Score: MyFico EQ 694 (3/2013)
Current Score: MyFico EQ 707 (4/1/2013), EX 734 (4/12/2013 - AMEX pull)
Goal Score: 740+, gardening since: 5/17/13

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.