Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to buy VW Passat but no loan history

tag
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Looking to buy VW Passat but no loan history

I obtained my first credit card only 6 years ago and my AAOA is only 4 years but I have never had any loan experience. Parents bad with finances, subsequently used my credit and kind of wrecked it. The whole lot of crap but I've gotten it cleaned up this year and I still need to make improvements with some sort of loan on my CR. In looking for a car I figured financing would work best and also help my credit but I have no idea what my scores are like and know that even fico scores are different from the score a lender pulls. I saw a post a bit ago about 0% APR for 72 months, which would be phenomenal but that's surely unlikely a option I will be offered. What should I do ?
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Looking to buy VW Passat but no loan history

What are your scores? Have you gotten them here? If not, get at least the TU and EQ scores to get an idea of where you stand now. Do you have access to the free Walmart scores?

Message 2 of 4
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

No idea what they are. Wont those scores not really matter ? There only good for what I told was mortgages or maybe it was credit cards ?
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

while your fico may be different from your auto enhanced since you have no auto loan history the chances of it being closer to your regular fico's are probably good... so I would pull at least 1 fico report from here and see where you are. EX or TU would be my pick

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.