Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
07-28-2009 08:01 AM
Hey; I currently have a EQ of 575, but I am having trouble getting financed through any lender. I ran my credit recently, and I have 26 late payments in the last 5 years. Wells Fargo Finanical said that was the reason they could not approve me. My son has two cars in his name, one that I am driving. The car I am driving I am trying to get that car out of his name.
Does anyone know lenders that can probably approve me with so many late payments?
08-03-2009 09:28 AM
08-04-2009 08:20 AM
My advice to you is fivefold.
1) Today, start looking for a credit union in your local area that you can join then join it. If you don’t know which one you can join, look up the Credit Union League in your state, call them, they will help you find one.
2) Stop worrying about getting a car at this point, unless you can pay cash for one. Use your son's car for the time being...he is your kid, he probably owes you for some of the things he did when he was a kid anyway. (I am sure he owes you for the things you don't know what he did)
3) Quit looking at these banks, they will suck you in deeper and make it very difficult to get out of their hole.
4) Start working on improving your credit situation. Review the how credit is scored on this web site. It is the best source of credit information you can find and the price is right…it is free. Then implement a plan that will insure you will never be late on a payment again…ever. Open no new credit in the next 3 – 5 years; close no old credit accounts in the next 3 – 5 years unless you start to get charged for them for being dormant in the future. If you have credit cards…pay them off. Start paying cash for everything.
5) Start saving $$ to put down on a car…hopefully you can pay cash and not worry about borrowing money. (This should be your long term goal (over the next 5 – 10 years)
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.