cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to lease a car which Credit Score Counts...what score do I need???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to lease a car which Credit Score Counts...what score do I need???

I've been looking to lease a car and just checked my credit score it is lower than I expected due to a late payment posted Equifax 696. I already called the credit card company and they said there is nothing they can do to correct this as they send automatic updated to the credit bureaus once every 30-60 days, so just to wait.

I have called a few dealers (I am looking for a nissan rogue) and to get a good deal on the cars they said I need to be in tier 1,

1- does anyone have any idea what score exactly I need to have for this?

2- also they said that Equifax is the only credit score they count? is this true?

3- and last even if I have a tier 1 score that I would not be able to get the lease if I have never financed a car, which I haven't all my previous cars have been used. My credit history is 11 years old and have a house. does that make a difference?

Any insights would help as this is my first time leasing a car...Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking to lease a car which Credit Score Counts...what score do I need???

Depends on who is financing the lease. I have been leasing my cars since 1996, or so. When I leased a Chrysler in NY, they pulled TU. When I switched to Toyota, they pulled EXP. Chase also pulled EXP. Now, I lease through NFCU and they pulled EQ. Lexxus in NY also pulls EXP.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.