New Visitor
chasqui

Looking to lease a car which Credit Score Counts...what score do I need???

I've been looking to lease a car and just checked my credit score it is lower than I expected due to a late payment posted Equifax 696. I already called the credit card company and they said there is nothing they can do to correct this as they send automatic updated to the credit bureaus once every 30-60 days, so just to wait.

I have called a few dealers (I am looking for a nissan rogue) and to get a good deal on the cars they said I need to be in tier 1,

1- does anyone have any idea what score exactly I need to have for this?

2- also they said that Equifax is the only credit score they count? is this true?

3- and last even if I have a tier 1 score that I would not be able to get the lease if I have never financed a car, which I haven't all my previous cars have been used. My credit history is 11 years old and have a house. does that make a difference?

Any insights would help as this is my first time leasing a car...Thanks!!!

Valued Contributor
cobra19

Re: Looking to lease a car which Credit Score Counts...what score do I need???

Depends on who is financing the lease. I have been leasing my cars since 1996, or so. When I leased a Chrysler in NY, they pulled TU. When I switched to Toyota, they pulled EXP. Chase also pulled EXP. Now, I lease through NFCU and they pulled EQ. Lexxus in NY also pulls EXP.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+