cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to lease from Ford, excellent credit but low(ish) income.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to lease from Ford, excellent credit but low(ish) income.

Hi all,

I currently have an outstanding car loan with DCU, 65 months @ 1.74%, payment is ~$290. Total principle balance of $14.7K remains, trade value of vehicle sits around $22K. I have some other auto loan history, 10+ revolving credit lines with near $0 reporting balances. 1% DTI. FICO in the ~760s across all three bureaus, no baddies at all, ~2yr AAoA.

I'm looking to trade in my current vehicle and lease one of Ford's PHEV vehicles, and specifically a lease due to the significant likelihood for changes in the EV market over the next few years, I'd rather not lock myself into vehicle ownership.

I have a blank, no credit pull, check for up to $40K from DCU, but as I want to lease, I now need to worry if Ford Credit will approve me. Gross annual income sits around $36K, and my only other liability is rent payment which is $600 a month.

So is ford going to be gross income unfriendly, or will I have good luck here?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking to lease from Ford, excellent credit but low(ish) income.

Since no one else chimed in...lol

I will give my opinion...

I believe you are okay with FMCC

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.