Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturers low APR going away?

tag
wwinter
Contributor

Manufacturers low APR going away?

Hey everyone,

This question is more a matter of seeking opinions rather than facts as I think all any of us can do is guess.

Both Mercedes and BMW have special financing rates on cars.  The terms say the special rates are set to expire at the end of this month.  Does anyone really think I won't be able to get those rates in October?  I have a hunch those rates will probably still be available.  I don't see cars flying off the lots.  I've been watching one particular Mercedes sit on the lot and go down in price for two months.  

What do you think?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Manufacturers low APR going away?

When financing arms offer subvented rates during a promotion, the date the promotion expires is the date those rates will expire. That being said, that does not mean that you will not be able to obtain that rate after the date has passed. Depending on their motivation level, they might be able to offer something similar, or you could simply wait until the next promotion is run.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
wwinter
Contributor

Re: Manufacturers low APR going away?

Surprise, surprise... both BMW and Mercedes kept their low APR promotions going for another month.  I guess I'm not surprised because cars, new or used, are moving slowing.  Especially cars that cost above $20,000.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.