Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mazda Credit pulled my personal blog.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mazda Credit pulled my personal blog.

After Reading that Mazda auto finance pulled from Equifax i decided to give it a shot as Equifax is my best score. To make a long story short when the finance manager informed me that i had been denied he asked when i had been in China? Mazda credit told him the were looking at my pictures of my many trips to china on my blog. Have never heard of this before, what does my blog have to do with my credit rating? has anyone else had this experience?.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Mazda Credit pulled my personal blog.

Everything in the public domain is fair game these days.  Privacy is completely being redefined.  I've heard of this sort of thing happening before.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If someone is offerinf you credit or a job, any information in the public domain is fair game for them to determine if they want to lend you money or give you a job. 
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well one can only assume that upon further examination of information, it turned out that you travel to China often. When you go, do you usually go for months at a time, or just for business, or pleasure? Are you retired?

One can only assume that lenders don't like travelers/nomads because say you default on the loan, can they easily locate the car if you've moved? It might sound a little extreme, if you ended up moving to China and exported the car and defaulted on the loan, can MAC repo their car?

Heck, I have a friend who disclosed to a lender that one of his employees liked to ask him for advances on his paycheck (though he had a good income) and the lender denied him.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How the heck did they know he had a blog is a better question? Do they freakin' google you now before approving a loan?  WTH?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds almost like.........stalking???? I would think that would be discrimination. Who cares why you went- business, family, etc... If your credit shows that you are responsible with your money then they are ignorant. That is a pretty big assumption that a personal blog has anything to do with creditor's. I bet a great attorney is waiting for your call........... Just a mere opinion.........Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. That is totally crossing the line.

np1970 wrote:
It sounds almost like.........stalking???? I would think that would be discrimination. Who cares why you went- business, family, etc... If your credit shows that you are responsible with your money then they are ignorant. That is a pretty big assumption that a personal blog has anything to do with creditor's. I bet a great attorney is waiting for your call........... Just a mere opinion.........Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.