Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Navy Federal love

tag
hawesda1
Established Member

More Navy Federal love

A little history first. I purchased a Dodge Charger two years ago with Santander at a ridiculous 24 percent interest. I know its terrible, but what can you do with a 546 Fico score? Anyway, I just started biulding my credit and came across myfico and heard all the great things that were said about Navy Federal. I signed up last week after I was denied by Cap1 and Bank of America for refinance. Well guess what, Navy approved me a $6000 Visa Signature CC, a $3500 NAVcheck and refinanced my car at 4.49 percent. My eq Fico is 602 and my tu is 674. Woo Hoo!!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: More Navy Federal love

Congrats!

Message 2 of 9
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

Wow congrats!!!

Btw, whats your income/ dti/ and did you already have an account with navy?

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 3 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 9
hawesda1
Established Member

My income is $50000, dti is 20 percent. I joined Navy on 4/1. I was hesitant to apply,but during my welcome call the rep said its fine and I was approved. Took 4 hard pulls though...
Message 5 of 9
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

@hawesda1 wrote:
My income is $50000, dti is 20 percent. I joined Navy on 4/1. I was hesitant to apply,but during my welcome call the rep said its fine and I was approved. Took 4 hard pulls though...

Wow, despite the hard pulls, that is AWESOME! Last questions though, when you talked to them about the APR it was based off your TU FICO? Im guessing they overlooked the low EQ? Also, any baddies on your reports?

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 6 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That's awesome congrats! I got nuthin but luv for navy fed.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 9
hausfrau
New Contributor

Holy cow. I am SO glad I came across the myFico forums. I saw all of the amazing things about NFCU and got my hubs to open an account there. Funny, he's been in for 18 years (army) and we always thought they were just for the Navy. His auto loan is at nearly 18% right now, with 18k remaining. Definitely going to keep my eye open for auto refi with them.

Starting my rebuild!

Message 8 of 9
ElleEsco

DANG!!!!!

Starting: 554
Current: EX: 679
Goal: 700 all across
Stash: NFCU Rewards - $2K | NAVCheck - $2K
Last app: 3/12/13
Gardening until: 11/2013
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.