Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Trade?

tag
DestinyV
Established Member

Mortgage Trade?

I have been trying to refinance my vehicle lately, and I just received a denial letter in the mail from PNC Bank. One of the reasons for denial states "recent mortgage trade opened". I have never had a mortgage, and checked my credit reports, there is nothing on there. What exactly does this mean?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage Trade?

Do you have a HELOC or anything like that? Maybe the lender is looking at any account that could possibly hint at a mortgage like a non-mortgage loan?

Message 2 of 5
DestinyV
Established Member

@llecs wrote:

Do you have a HELOC or anything like that? Maybe the lender is looking at any account that could possibly hint at a mortgage like a non-mortgage loan?

No nothing like that. No personal loans either.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

After going through every TL to make sure it doesn't read as "mortgage" anywhere within the comments, I personally would go back to PNC and ask them to demonstrate on the report they pulled this mortgage reference. If they couldn't do it, I'd go elsewhere.

Message 4 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That is super weird. Did you happen to let a mortgage lender pull scores? Maybe that is what they are referencing.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.