tatum4315

Mortgage calculation for auto loan

My wife and I are both  working and both on the home mortgage. When qualifying for auto loan for myself only, do I have to factor in the full amount of mortgage, inc. taxes and insurance, or can I claim half the payment?

Thanks, Tatum

Shogun

Re: Mortgage calculation for auto loan

The entire payment for the mortgage will be included in your DTI.  They won't deduct half.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

tatum4315 wrote:

My wife and I are both  working and both on the home mortgage. When qualifying for auto loan for myself only, do I have to factor in the full amount of mortgage, inc. taxes and insurance, or can I claim half the payment?

Thanks, Tatum

Hi!  You may check with a CU and ask them to quote you both an individual auto loan, and one that is joint with your wife.  If there are credit blemishes on her report, they may not matter, as some Credit Unions only use the score of the primary applicant when determining the rate. 

Best of luck!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
guydiver

Shogun wrote:

The entire payment for the mortgage will be included in your DTI.  They won't deduct half.

+1.  Any debt , either in your name only, or joint with others will be included in your individual DTI calculation.  Found that out when I bought an atv last year.  Got a .25% penalty added to my rate because of high DTI.  That was also because I was joint with my daughter on her car also, and had not paid off my student loans then.

MyFICO Forums ROCK!! & . Been There, Done That. Never Going Back! Goal>>>> 800,800,800!

Starting Score: 1/05 upper 500's??Current Score: FICO: EQ 730ish, TU ??, EX 740(CS) Goal Score: .....800 IS ON MY BUCKET LIST! EX ,BITE ME! .:smileyvery-happy:
In My Wallet: CU Visa 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Lowe's 10K, Cabela's Siggy Visa 11.5K, Travelocity AMEX 18.4K
:
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+