Homesweeethome

Motorcyle loan - would I qualify for good rate?

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a motorcycle and will be applying for a loan for about 32K through the manufacturer since my CU rates are higher.  

My current stats:

EQ = 739 as of today

EX = 748 as of 12/1

revolving monthly debt = $565

annual income = $130k

credit card usage= 31% (Yes, I know this is high...working on it)

clear record

1 credit inquiry (Discover card application)

Wondering if I would qualify or not.  I don't want to apply for the loan if I'm going to get denied since that would just lower my score.  I applied for the Discover card just this week so that I can transfer one of my card balances ($4K) over to take advantage of the 0% rate for transfers which I got approved for so I'm just waiting for the card.  

Thanks!

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Motorcyle loan - would I qualify for good rate?

Bumping for others for input on the rate....If auto loans are like motorcycle loans, then you'll get a good rate.

I wouldn't worry about a lower score due to denial. If you are approved you can still see a lower score. FICO scores the inquiry regardless of approval.

Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

Re: Motorcyle loan - would I qualify for good rate?

Let me guess... The CU wants about 10% apr, and the bank wants 20% down. The dealer financing card (if that's what you're planning) is good, if you're going to pay off in less than 24 to 36 mos.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}