Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Auto Loans possible?

tag
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Multiple Auto Loans possible?

In November, I got a 60 month loan through NFCU at $410 a month.      I'm looking to buy a pick up now too for when I have to haul huge items, or when I, or friends/family, move.    I'm debating between new from a dealer or used from a person - used would obviously be cheaper and would not have payments, but new takes away the guessing game on how well it's been maintained.  

Currently, with all my bills and payments, I have roughly $2500-$3000 left over at the end of the month.  So, I'm not worried about not being able to make another $400/month payment.   My question is, is it likely to get approved for a loan if you already have one?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ds3
Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple Auto Loans possible?

Yes, I have three open loans with the same bank (VW) right now. As long as your income can support the loan, they don't care how many cars you buy.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Auto Loans possible?

If your DTI is in line with the lenders criteria, which sounds like it should be, absolutely! You can take out as many loans as you please so long as you can afford them. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.