Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple auto loan inquiries

tag
sukh510
New Visitor

Multiple auto loan inquiries

Hi, yesterday I applied for auto loan through lending tree website and also Chase bank. I just checked my credit report and it shows 6 individual auto loan inquiries. 

Credit scores before auto loan inquiries: around 740-750

Current credit scores are now: Transunion (699) EQuifax (675) Experian (671)

My question is that how can my score go down so much just from auto loan inquiries? Dont they count as a single inquiry? I am really lost and confused. I am thinking about doing a dispute against these inquiries but dont know if that will help. Any help would be great. Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Barris
Established Member

Re: Multiple auto loan inquiries

Auto loan enquiries will not ding your score to that extent, even if it were 6 (hopefully they were all run within a time frame of 15 days). You need to pull a copy of your report and review it for changes. Compare with an older copy (best if you have one from a couple or one months ago) and check if anything has fallen off. Old CC accounts in good standing, auto loan with positive history, etc. Usually such a big score drop generally comes from either old accounts with good history falling off or from charge-offs/foreclosed CC accounts.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.