cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Mind is Clear and My Life is... Well point is I just don't know what to do!! :(

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My Mind is Clear and My Life is... Well point is I just don't know what to do!! :(

Being Approved for me usually means I'm running, Where do I sign!?

But I am finding that I just don't know what to do right now:

Fix Car - Sure it's a great car, I owe less then it's worth ($500-$1k) but that usually doesn't happen to me!!

Lease/Buy?

Spend the extra money on the Acura Lease because it's approved and only needs my signature and might be the only car I am able to get approved to lease.

Buy another used car? Problem is I want higher end and that puts me in the range of miles I have now or even more so that doesn't really make a lot of sense from the statement that im arguing makes more sense to trade in then fix!

hmmm

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Mind is Clear and My Life is... Well point is I just don't know what to do!! :(

Was just there.  My 2007 Nissan was hitting 100k and started having some issues that were going to be expensive to fix.  I had equity in it.  I put a lot of miles on my car to/from work and I have to have a car that is dependable.  I really wanted to wait to get the new car until my scores were in the 700's, but my Nissan was not going to wait.  Thankfully I was able to get my scores up to where they are in the past month or so.

The lease thing is not for me, but I knew that now that I am making more money and have focused on my credit, I was ready to take the leap and get the newer, nicer, car and didn't really want to go with another high mileage car.  I took the plunge and bought new.  I knew that I will keep the car for a long time if I got exactly what I wanted and had the next to nil miles, so for me it made sense.

I know that many on here will balk and say they would never, but sometimes you are the only one that knows the particulars of your situation and what makes the most sense for you.  Are there people out there that I would discourage from buying new and expensive?  ABSOLUTELY!  However, I do not feel I am in that boat.  This made the most sense for me given my circumstances and situation, and I have no regrets.

Do your research, know your budget, know your financial situation (is it secure or not, do you have a lot of other debt, can you afford it, can you still save money after buying), and really think about what works best for YOU!

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: My Mind is Clear and My Life is... Well point is I just don't know what to do!! :(

AZ... Thank You for that...  Many good thoughts.

Message 3 of 7
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I pad off my 2005 jeep wrangler awhile back and i have to tell you, not having a car payment is so dang nice that even though i still drool over the porsche 911 (used) i just cant get my mind back to the point where a car payment, even for a 911 would be an ok thing. Someday i may have to, but with savings taking the place of a car payment, i hope that it will be a much easier venture next time out. Just me though, and luckily i dont have to put a ton of miles on her, nor will i drive her anywhere that she is likely to get broken...stuck yes, broken no. Good luck either way.
Message 4 of 7
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ AZH,

I think another thing we don't ask ourselves about is the emotional affordability associated with constant spending and seeking.

I'm just over constantly worrying about credit, buying, spending, and score stuff. Yes; it's something I have to deal with but needs to be done in a more balanced way that causes less stress. Smiley Happy It probably won't read sensibly, but I'm tired of adding things that take away from the quality of my life.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
FrugalRican
Blogger

My biggest problem with leasing is one that many people tend to overlook. I like driving too much and I drive enough already just for work. I don't want to worry constantly about miles and "Am I over?".

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 6 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

My biggest problem with leasing is one that many people tend to overlook. I like driving too much and I drive enough already just for work. I don't want to worry constantly about miles and "Am I over?".

I might lease next time since DW does like they way I drive and my commute to work is 9 miles.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.