Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Toyota chances?

tag
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

My Toyota chances?

So, today I filled out the credit application for toyota. Spoke to the sales manager and he said he could get me appove with a  640 ish experian which is what they pull. When I asked him what would be the APR on a 2012 camry he told me dont worry it wouldnt be more than 7% although we will try to get something lower. Im schedule to go and meet with him tomorrow, is this apr correspodent to a credit score like mind? any chances ill get approve? he told me theres a 95 percent chance but we know, people lie when it comes to selling cars... 

CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Lynnst
Valued Member

Re: My Toyota chances?

I purchased from Toyota a little over a month ago.  I was told a FICO score of 650 or above qualified for the 0% financing special they were having.  As long as you don't have anything too negative on your CR you should be in pretty good shape.  And perhaps your auto enhanced EX score will be a little higher?...  Good luck - and let us know how it turns out.

Message 2 of 14
odin308

Go to a local bank or credit union and get a loan pre approval. Don't trust the sales manager to act in your best interest. They will get a low rate and add a few % on for themselves.

Message 3 of 14
blackie1
Valued Member

Just curious, Where did you fill out the credit app, did you do it a a dealership or online?  If online did they not give you an answer right away?

2fst4u
Message 4 of 14
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Yea im fully aware of their tactics, legally they can add up to 2.5% on the apr. yea i actually filled it out online but got no answer, was told someone would reach me shortly ti discuss everything. i only have one collection left (midland) which they said thy would delete but would take 30-40 days to report, should i just wait and see if my score comes pass 650 ti get a better deal? Only thing is right now i really need a car.

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 5 of 14
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 accounts with TFS, and was told by their CS dept that they use only TU for approvals....YMMV. That being said with your score you should be tier 2 and should receive any promo. I always app online and get approval decision in 2 minutes. Don't be afraid to go to another dealer because your approval will transfer mine did. 

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 6 of 14
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Guys hows going, actually got a new 2012 camry, 24 month lease, paid for the tax plus dmv fees, at 350 a month. What do you guys think? Loving the car and the salesperson told me my score will sore within the first six payments. 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new car!! Your credit score will not soar because it is considered an installment loan and installment loans do not have a huge impact on your credit score. If anything, it will go down because of the new account added and hard pull inquiry. 

Message 8 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@bbb3601 wrote:

I have 2 accounts with TFS, and was told by their CS dept that they use only TU for approvals....YMMV. That being said with your score you should be tier 2 and should receive any promo. I always app online and get approval decision in 2 minutes. Don't be afraid to go to another dealer because your approval will transfer mine did. 

I used to work at TFS, they pull any of the three major bureaus.

That said they have a loan product for just about everyone and are competive on rates.

Congrats on the approval TwinGirls!

        
Message 9 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@TwinGirls19 wrote:

Guys hows going, actually got a new 2012 camry, 24 month lease, paid for the tax plus dmv fees, at 350 a month. What do you guys think? Loving the car and the salesperson told me my score will sore within the first six payments. 

If you are a first time buyer (i.e. you have no auto loans on your report) then yes your auto-enhanced FICO score should go up within six months.

        
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.