cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auto loan refinance application APPROVED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My auto loan refinance application APPROVED!

Today i recieved the phone call i have been working so hard for....

My auto loan which has been open for 8 months with chrystler capital financial at a whopping 19% apr 13,500 original loan amount with 72 month term of $315 a month is finally about to be closed... I am so excited!!! I applied at my local credit union with intentions of getting a 8-10% apr. To my surprise i was approved at 2.75% apr the pay off amount is $12,020. My new payments will be $98.97  every 2 weeks totaling $198 a month. I am totally in shock! I am going to sign the paper work tomorrow.. This s a huge milestone in my credit journey. My next goal is a house hopefully in a year or so Smiley Happy

Before my credit takes a huge hit for this new loan Ive decide to apply for another credit card tonight!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My auto loan refinance application APPROVED!

Congrats!! What are you driving?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dodge Dart SXT  2013 Manual I love the car... I only accepted the high apr because my old 2001 saturn died. I needed transportation and was fortunate enough to be approved for that wickedly high original apr

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What were your starting scores and how are they are now if you don't mind?  16 mo ago with mid 500's Chrysler capital gave me 8.10% on a new Dodge Journey; reason was my auto history was good.  Also , what did the Dart run you?  Thanks.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dart was about 13,500 this had been my first auto loan but my second loan as i had opened a small personal loan of 500 $ about 4 months prior to the original financing of my car. I applied online took about 2 hard pulls before i recieved a pre approcval from the car dealership. So i set my appointment went in and they ran my credit to 8 different lenders of which i was denined and then ran my credit thru chrysler cap with a huge rediculous apr. So I was stuck with it. I asked them if it would be only be 1 pull and they said yes but iits rediculous how many inquirys i have from them. The score they showed me was in the 585 my credit since has gone up and down a little and i thought i had a 666 but i was actually approved with a 619 score the credit union gave me a copy of my full report and told me to start working on a few negatives i have but also keep up the good work with my utilization she was impressed and said she sees all those inquires ran on the date i got my car from original lender Smiley Sad scam artist 

Message 5 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That's nice! Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! This shows the value of working to improve your credit and going with credit unions etc.  This will save you thousands over the life of the loan.  Great progress in a short period of time.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.