Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first car approval after my bk

tag
mariasoccermom11
Contributor

My first car approval after my bk

So I have been wanting  a car in my name for a while and i finally decided to go for it. After a long divorce me and ex husband had to file bankrupcty in 2007 to clear business and personal matters. So not good!! but I did rebuild pretty good I think lol. So I drove a 2013 Audi A4, but that was my ex and it was paid in full when he gave it to me. The car was part of the alimony. But I wanted a car in my name that was just mine. 

Details: 

2013 Audi A4 trade in 

I was able to go to my local mercedes dealer... I got a beautiful 2012 E350 from mercedes financial with 1.9 apr.. I had to put 15k down though but the payment is only $250.00 a month.. I m so excited to take delivery.. At first I got the Capital One Blank check but the interest was 9% and they were able to beat it 

thanks everyone for all the tips.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: My first car approval after my bk

Congrats, hope you like the new set of wheels.

Though couldn't your ex just transfer it to your name if it was part of the alimony? I mean in this case it was transferred to the dealer as a trade in and the value applied against your new car. Either way, glad it worked out for you and at such a low APR!

Message 2 of 5
mariasoccermom11
Contributor

@Remember0 wrote:

Congrats, hope you like the new set of wheels.

Though couldn't your ex just transfer it to your name if it was part of the alimony? I mean in this case it was transferred to the dealer as a trade in and the value applied against your new car. Either way, glad it worked out for you and at such a low APR!

my ex husband is a you know what lol!!! and I did it purposely to show i can support myself without him lol

Message 3 of 5
Remember0
Valued Contributor

@mariasoccermom11 wrote:

my ex husband is a you know what lol!!! and I did it purposely to show i can support myself without him lol

Ah okay, I see. Glad you like your 2012 E350!

Message 4 of 5
mariasoccermom11
Contributor

@Remember0 wrote:

@mariasoccermom11 wrote:

Ah okay, I see. Glad you like your 2012 E350!

Beautiful car, amg sport package, nav, pana roof, midnight blue with cashmere tan interior, chrome accessories 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.