Did you mean: 

My new ride

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My new ride

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Not a bad least payment at all for that value of 83k or whatever you mentioned..  I am not sure if you posted, but did you put down a down payment on the 83k or whatever the value of the car was to get to your current least payment?  As I purchased as you know at 2.49 and my vehicle is a bit cheaper for 60 months and my payments are close to 1200..  Granted I didn't put a cent down so the math is looking interesting and trying to figure it out with your monthly payment.  Granted residual and money factor probably all play a role, but my leasing terms aren't up to par anymore as havent had to look at them for close to 3 years.

Nice car once again Irish!  Looks like it is built like a tank kinda a Bentley of look.  Pretty quick?

My out of pocket was $5K which didn't even cover Maryland taxes and tags.  In Maryland, you pay the same sales (excise) of 6% on the cap cost just like you would if you were buying.  Screw you over completely.

Must of got a pretty good money factor/residual to have such good payments although 10k helps a bit as well on miles.  So they charged you up front for all taxes?  I believe y last least it was just tacked onto each lease payment if I recall correctly.  only 6% tax in Maryland, or that for cars?  Where i live it is 9.x outrageous!

Message 31 of 39
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

She's beautiful Irish! What her name? Y'all look good together Smiley Wink. lol
Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
She's beautiful Irish! What her name? Y'all look good together Smiley Wink. lol

Uh, I named the car 'car'  Smiley Tongue  Thanks, come visit for a ride

Message 33 of 39
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Congrats Irish! 

As the former owner of a black car, I have a little advice:

Hand Wash using the two bucket method.

Synthetic chamois for drying.

This kept mine free of swirl marks until some little brat decided to throw a football-sized rock at my door. 

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Congrats Irish! 

This kept mine free of swirl marks until some little brat decided to throw a football-sized rock at my door. 

Thanks and I've invested a small fortune in auto cleaning and detailing fitems rom Chemical Guys and I'm well prepared.  My last car was black as well and I learned the hard way about poor washing, drying and buffing the car.  Swirl city.

That sucks about the rock.  I bet you wanted to run the little bugger over with the car.  I know I would have.  Last car I had someone decided to open their car door into my driver's side door and let a nice little dent.  Car was 3 weeks old.  I wanted to scream.

Message 35 of 39
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Congrats Irish! 

Thanks and I've invested a small fortune in auto cleaning and detailing fitems rom Chemical Guys and I'm well prepared.  My last car was black as well and I learned the hard way about poor washing, drying and buffing the car.  Swirl city.

That sucks about the rock.  I bet you wanted to run the little bugger over with the car.  I know I would have.  Last car I had someone decided to open their car door into my driver's side door and let a nice little dent.  Car was 3 weeks old.  I wanted to scream.

I love Chemical Guys' stuff, and currently use it on my car. 

I never found out who did throw the rock at my car. I came home from work (I used to walk, it was very close) and there was my car with a huge dent in the door, and a giant rock 3 feet away. It was a Kia, so I didn't care too much Smiley Very Happy

When I bought my Audi, one of my coworkers (don't know who) slammed their door into my car, leaving a sizable dent in it. That was pretty devastating, since the car was only 6 months old Smiley Sad

Message 36 of 39
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Congrats Irish! 

I love Chemical Guys' stuff, and currently use it on my car. 

I never found out who did throw the rock at my car. I came home from work (I used to walk, it was very close) and there was my car with a huge dent in the door, and a giant rock 3 feet away. It was a Kia, so I didn't care too much Smiley Very Happy

When I bought my Audi, one of my coworkers (don't know who) slammed their door into my car, leaving a sizable dent in it. That was pretty devastating, since the car was only 6 months old Smiley Sad

I feel your pain.  Had that happen to my last vehicle...and the porter who cleaned it was the culprit.  He felt bad but not as bad as I did.  After signing for my Yukon, it sent right to the body shop.  Was put in a demo for 4 days.  If they had another vehicle exactly like the one I was getting I would have switched but it never works out that way. 

Just got my lastest rig a couple of weeks ago.  I still park as far away as possbie.  I'll walk from the very back of a parking lot to the entrance of a building if it means keeping my rig out of "door ding" territory. 

Message 37 of 39
RadioRob
Established Contributor

I have a 2016 CT6... absolutely LOVE it.  Congrats on an awesome car!  And what part of MD are you in?  I'm in VA over in Alexandria.  

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RadioRob wrote:

I have a 2016 CT6... absolutely LOVE it.  Congrats on an awesome car!  And what part of MD are you in?  I'm in VA over in Alexandria.  

@RadioRob

I live in upper Montgomery County, Clarksburg

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.