Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA Car Refinance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NASA Car Refinance

Has anyone had any experience with this product? I know most of us including myself have been getting approved for a super high limit card but will they approve a refinance for 25k just as easily? Credit is good just other banks dont like my 10+ inquiries for refinancing.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: NASA Car Refinance

You should post this in the auto section
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with this product? I know most of us including myself have been getting approved for a super high limit card but will they approve a refinance for 25k just as easily? Credit is good just other banks dont like my 10+ inquiries for refinancing.

My credit is not great & they approved me for an auto refi.  I app'd on 09/25 and it's already approved for funding & I already signed the final electronic documents this morning.  So that's only like 2.5 business days.  They hooked me up with a ridiculous 3.19% APR.  But I have 8% DTI.  The only debt that I have is the car loan.  I have serious delinquency/derogatory but they're both paid and 6 years old.  So they are willing to look at you as a person instead of just a score.  

They did soft pulls for everything on my Experian.  Experian is my lowest score.  I did a huge app spree for CCs on 09/23 & then the auto refi with them on 09/25.  They still approved me despite the app spree.  But I have good income 6 years with company that is a partner with them, local company, so good name recognition with them.  I think they're being extra generous with me (they gave me $10k nasa cash 16.9%apr cc), so that I tell my friends at work or something.  

Message 3 of 8
Luscher
Valued Contributor

DCU offers 1.49%. I got it no problem. I am not sure of your scores or income but I would look into DCU
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit is not great & they approved me for an auto refi.  I app'd on 09/25 and it's already approved for funding & I already signed the final electronic documents this morning.  So that's only like 2.5 business days.  They hooked me up with a ridiculous 3.19% APR.  But I have 8% DTI.  The only debt that I have is the car loan.  I have serious delinquency/derogatory but they're both paid and 6 years old.  So they are willing to look at you as a person instead of just a score.  

They did soft pulls for everything on my Experian.  Experian is my lowest score.  I did a huge app spree for CCs on 09/23 & then the auto refi with them on 09/25.  They still approved me despite the app spree.  But I have good income 6 years with company that is a partner with them, local company, so good name recognition with them.  I think they're being extra generous with me (they gave me $10k nasa cash 16.9%apr cc), so that I tell my friends at work or something.  

What financial documents did they require?

Message 5 of 8
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I refinanced and they asked for nothing. Maybe if its a new app they would ask for income

Message 6 of 8
afr4life06
Contributor

Wow that a good deal. Im thinking about going with refi through them also. So they used the same credit report to refi your loan? i was just approved for 4K with NASA and im thinking about taking advantage of the refi loan also. I just wanted to make sure it will not be a hard pull 

Starting Score: 525 TU 515 EX 510 EQ Oct '13
Current Score: 644 TU(Oct 14) 678 EX(Oct 2014) 684 EQ (Oct'14)
Goal Score: 700 and a Home in 1yr

Message 7 of 8
afr4life06
Contributor

I found the answer in case someone else is interested. They will use the same credit report. I believe as long as it is within 30days

Starting Score: 525 TU 515 EX 510 EQ Oct '13
Current Score: 644 TU(Oct 14) 678 EX(Oct 2014) 684 EQ (Oct'14)
Goal Score: 700 and a Home in 1yr

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.