Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA auto refinance success

tag
creditFiend
Established Contributor

NASA auto refinance success

Hello forum!   

I just wanted to share my experience with NASA FCU auto loan.  I have alot going on, but I will try to make this brief.  Midland began garnishing my wages early September due to a judgement from 2009.  I never received any indication this was going to take place, only a letter from my employer indicating such.  I intended on paying them off prior to the garnishment but my plans never go how I'd like.  End of September, I jumped on the NASA bandwagon & app'd for a card, along with savings membership.  Both instantly approved.  End of October, I decided to apply for an auto refinance to lower my current interest rate & cut down my monthly car payment.  I was approved on the condition to pay my judgement.  I knew it would take some time to come up with the $6,000 so I messaged NASA to find out how many days I have to provide proof of paid judgement.  I was messaged back the same day saying "credit is good for 60 days".  Go figure!!  Interesting data point!!

Two weeks later, I uploaded all the requested documents, including a copy of the cashier's check & a receipt from the attorney's office representing Midland.  About ten days later (TODAY), I received my e-docs to sign for the auto refinance.  NASA did not ask for POI.  My interest rate with BMW financial was 7.5%;  with NASA, it's 3.60%  (EX 699)

My note is $178 less per month now.  My garnishment has ended.  I.... am.... so..... glad!!!

About a 30 day wait to finalize, but well worth it to me.  I'm loving NASA right now.  I also plan to use one of my BT check after the holidays.

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: NASA auto refinance success

Good deal. Congrats on your success !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations

Message 3 of 4
toi34
Established Contributor

Very Nice! ...I'm happy for you. Glad something FINALLY worked-out the way you planned! LOL....Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.