Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAVY FED CREDIT UNION QUESTION

@moondog7324 wrote:
What a drawn out process-

Not really.

No offense to the OP, but if you read their past threads and comments:

1- They just became a member of NFCU.

2- They  became a member through sponsorship by a person who had just became a member just to sponser the OP.

3- They do not have any banking relationship with the NFCU. (do they even have moe then the $5.00 in their account?)

4- They have no type of relationship history with NFCU.

5- The OP has a poor overall credit profile for securing a car loan.

I am sorry that there are hoops to jump through, but as a member i am glad they are attempting due dilligence.

I also think that anyone else I give NFCU advice to I am going to say that they should have some kind of banking relationship with NFCU, thriow some direct deposit in or something.

I still think the OP will be approved.

Message 22 of 28
bsal
Frequent Contributor

i do have direct deposit with NFCU, and I also have 3k that i put in my savingings account if that helps
Message 23 of 28
OIFusmc

I never had a problem like that. Of course I've only barrowed $6.6k, and $6k from them. I also had more in my savings, checking, and money market account. So to them I'm sure it was a no brainer to lend me the money. I have also been with them for 6 years now. Good luck! Hope you get approved Smiley Happy
6 APR 09: EX-651, EQ-639, TU-624
Message 24 of 28
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Well just to keep everybody up to date I got approved today , i'm so stocked because my car just died today
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats:

I had figured you would eventually get approved.

What was your amount, term, and rate?

Message 26 of 28
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Well I got approved for 22k with 249.00 gap insurance with 7% intrest rate 60 month but i plan on doing automatic bi weekley payment. THANKS for all you guys help if theres any other suggestions feel free to inform me
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I appreciate all the info too....I just joined NFCU a couple days ago and waiting on the "welcome packet."
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.