Valued Contributor
usmc58555

Re: NAVY FED CREDIT UNION QUESTION

moondog7324 wrote:
What a drawn out process-

Not really.

No offense to the OP, but if you read their past threads and comments:

1- They just became a member of NFCU.

2- They  became a member through sponsorship by a person who had just became a member just to sponser the OP.

3- They do not have any banking relationship with the NFCU. (do they even have moe then the $5.00 in their account?)

4- They have no type of relationship history with NFCU.

5- The OP has a poor overall credit profile for securing a car loan.

I am sorry that there are hoops to jump through, but as a member i am glad they are attempting due dilligence.

I also think that anyone else I give NFCU advice to I am going to say that they should have some kind of banking relationship with NFCU, thriow some direct deposit in or something.

I still think the OP will be approved.

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Regular Contributor
bsal

i do have direct deposit with NFCU, and I also have 3k that i put in my savingings account if that helps
OIFusmc

I never had a problem like that. Of course I've only barrowed $6.6k, and $6k from them. I also had more in my savings, checking, and money market account. So to them I'm sure it was a no brainer to lend me the money. I have also been with them for 6 years now. Good luck! Hope you get approved :smileyhappy:
6 APR 09: EX-651, EQ-639, TU-624
Regular Contributor
bsal

Well just to keep everybody up to date I got approved today , i'm so stocked because my car just died today
Valued Contributor
usmc58555

Congrats:

I had figured you would eventually get approved.

What was your amount, term, and rate?

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Regular Contributor
bsal

Well I got approved for 22k with 249.00 gap insurance with 7% intrest rate 60 month but i plan on doing automatic bi weekley payment. THANKS for all you guys help if theres any other suggestions feel free to inform me
Senior Contributor
txjohn

Congrats!  I appreciate all the info too....I just joined NFCU a couple days ago and waiting on the "welcome packet."

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}