Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED ADVICE PLEASE - AUTO LOAN QUESTION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEED ADVICE PLEASE - AUTO LOAN QUESTION

Hi,

I never got an Auto Loan before so this is pretty new to me. I applied at Nissan and today i checked my credit report Nissan checked all 3 and 9 Credit unions as well. im shocked. Is that okay for them to request my credit reports with the credit unions without my permission? I had no idea everyone of them are pulling them. I thought Nissan pulls it once and that's it. i'm new to this and i need some advice on this please.

I got approved for 5.99% but i would like to look around a little more and maybe get a better APR rate. I'm really wondering if the next dealership would be doing the same. Does it affect my credit now with all those inquiries?

Where would be a good place to apply for a auto loan online? Nissan advised me that there was a credit union that didnt approved me because im in the chex system for a bounced check with a credit union. I never had an account with a credit union so i have to dispute it. Do you know a credit union that approves auto loans without checking the chex system? It could take awhile for them to remove it and i wuld like to buy a car now.

Im sorry for all these questions Smiley Happy. I hope someone is able to help me. thank you so much for your time.

Nissan told me my scores are 680-701 with experian, equifax and transunion. Im working for the same Company for almost 3 Years if that helps Smiley Happy. Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEED ADVICE PLEASE - AUTO LOAN QUESTION

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I never got an Auto Loan before so this is pretty new to me. I applied at Nissan and today i checked my credit report Nissan checked all 3 and 9 Credit unions as well. im shocked. Is that okay for them to request my credit reports with the credit unions without my permission? I had no idea everyone of them are pulling them. I thought Nissan pulls it once and that's it. i'm new to this and i need some advice on this please.

I got approved for 5.99% but i would like to look around a little more and maybe get a better APR rate. I'm really wondering if the next dealership would be doing the same. Does it affect my credit now with all those inquiries?

Where would be a good place to apply for a auto loan online? Nissan advised me that there was a credit union that didnt approved me because im in the chex system for a bounced check with a credit union. I never had an account with a credit union so i have to dispute it. Do you know a credit union that approves auto loans without checking the chex system? It could take awhile for them to remove it and i wuld like to buy a car now.

Im sorry for all these questions Smiley Happy. I hope someone is able to help me. thank you so much for your time.

Nissan told me my scores are 680-701 with experian, equifax and transunion. Im working for the same Company for almost 3 Years if that helps Smiley Happy. Thank you

OK:

The Delaership ran you credit, based on the information in your file-they saw which would likely be the best institutions for you to get bought at, they then sent your deal out to those banks and those institutions bought, declined, or counter offered. The dealership then took the best offer to you which was 5.99%

5.99% is a conventional rate for someone with your score. What score do you expect to get?

You really are not going to find much better then 2.99 Being offered by anyone and I am sorry but I doubt you would qualify.

If Nissan had a subvented low rate, you may qualify for that.

If you are in Chex system, the credit union consulted that in addition to your credit report and declined you based on that, it does not mean you had a membership. If you are in chex system you may wish to see what is the issue there.

5.99% sounds like a good deal to me.

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NEED ADVICE PLEASE - AUTO LOAN QUESTION

If buying a brand new Nissan, you might be able to get a little bit lower with the promo rates they are offering... but if your buying a used vehicle at Nissan, 5.99 is excellent unless you have access to Navy Fed who is offering as low as 1.9.

But unlike the previous poster 680-700 should put you in tier 2 or 3 with most car makers and most right now are going to tier 3 or lower to offering special financing.

and as far as all the credit checks, yes that's going to happen... and you have a window of so many days... want to say 30 were all inq will count as 1 when related to car buying or mortgage shopping.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.