Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Auto Loan Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Auto Loan Question

Congrats again if you don't mind me asking what was your score and how long have you been with Navy just asking for future reference. I really want a new aHonda Oddessey in the future (after this car is paid off and doesn't run anymore) and want to keep my loans with Navy. A fully loaded Honda Oddessey is about 40K so that's whay I was asking. Congrats again 

Message 11 of 18
paris75
New Contributor

Thanks for all your help!! My EQ score, from this site, is 738. I've been with Navy since 2012. Hope that helps!
Message 12 of 18
paris75
New Contributor

Sorry one more question, I asked for fedex overnight delivery, but when I check online it says the loan doc will be sent 5-7 days. Did yours say that too?
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your stats Is this your first auto loan ever?

Also where online does it state 5-7 days? Does it say that in your message from NFCU (in your online account) that's starts with "based on your creditworthiness you been approved........"

What happened in my case was that I selected Overnight delivery with Saturday Delivery which would be that I would have my docs on the Saturday after I applied. I picked to have the $17 taken out of my NFCU savings. Soon after I read that approval message that I got that started with "based on your creditworthiness" in that message it stated that my docs would be ready at a branch to pick up as I requested!!!! I got worried because I picked to have them fedex'ed with Saturday delivery. I called about 2 times that day (Thursday when I applied) and both reps told me it must be a glitch and not to pay attention to it because on their end they can see I requested to have it sent through Fedex (with Sat delivery) they advised me that the money would come out after I took delivery of the docs and I would get them most likely that Saturday they told me that Friday around 1-2pm I would get a message with the tracking number and if I don't to call and ask for it.

I was nervous because I didn't want to be waiting for them to come in the mail when they would be sitting at a branch waiting for me. Friday came and I didn't get a message wih a tracking number so around 2-3pm I called and the lady said I did have a tracking number (it was just created) and gave it to me. She also stated I would most likely have the docs the next day on Saturday since I picked that.

I checked the tracking number and it said estimated delivery was Monday and it said "deliver on weekday only" I called back and told them about that! I told them I didn't want to be charged the 17 for Saturday delivery if it's not going to be delivered on Saturday. The rep told me to wait and see. If I got it Monday like it says and I get charged the $17 then to call back and they would refund it.

At this point I didnt understand why everything was so wrong. First the message said it would be at a branch, then they shipped it Fedex Overnight but without Saturday Delivery. Thats when I came on here and asked. Quite a few people said no matter what they picked they received it overnighted with a paper in it that stated "congrats on your new auto loan, your docs were sent out fedex overnight free of charge" (something along those lines) so I just waited to see what would happen. I got the docs on Monday and sure enough there was a note in my docs that said NFCU paid to have it overnighted free of charge which is why it was sent out without Saturday delivery. I never got charged anything.

My point is no matter what you will get your docs overnighted and it will be free of charge. Even people that picked to have it sent standard mail got their overnighted for free. Also if it's that message that's stating it will take 5-7 days disregard that. My approval message told me that my docs would be ready at a branch as I requested and when I called no one knew why it said that. It was fedex'ed as promised and even though I wanted to go car shopping Saturday, I couldn't be mad because it was pouring down rain on Saturday and I wasn't charged at all to have it overnighted.

Also, I'm not sure because it's a weekend but call them and ask if you have a tracking number yet. I was told I would receive a message with my tracking number and I never did (still haven't received one). I'm not sure if Fedex picks up on Saturday but one might be created already just waiting on pick up and when you get that you can track it and see your estimated delivery day.

Sorry it's a little long! Hope this helps
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

image.jpg

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's where it told me that my docs would be ready at a branch as requested even though I didn't request that so if that's where your 5-7 day message is I wouldn't pay attention to it. Like I said just call and ask for the tracking number. I was also told that I didn't have to be home or anyone had to be home for that matter that they would leave it in my mailbox. (I didn't know if it was going to just show up on Saturday and I had something very inportant come up last minute) but it came Monday and I did have to sign for it. So i don't think they would of left it if I wasn't home since I had to sign for it. I was waiting by the window all morning for Fedex on Monday lol and when they pulled up I ran to the door lol I was so excited. *its my first car loan 

Message 16 of 18
paris75
New Contributor

I've had 2 paid auto loans previously, but all under $15k. This is my first time buying a new car and with a higher price tag.

The tracking won't be available until Monday. I guess it was approved too late yesterday. That's a bummer that it needs a signature. I specifically asked because there will be no one home during the day. I was originally going to change it to my work address, but since she said they would leave it at the front door I didn't. As soon as I get the tracking, I'm going to see if I can change the address.

Gotta play the waiting game...wish there was instant gratification where I could go buy my car TODAY!!!
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be soon enough!! And it's def worth the wait! It was such a simple and quick process. I told the dealership that I wanted to stay with Navy....they never pulled my credit or even ask for my social but the dealer was also a preferred dealership with Navy (I didn't know till I got there because I hid the fact that I had my own financing till we said yes to the car) he said they get a lot of draft checks from Navy and USAA but they were really familiar with the way Navy works. At first when I told them I had my own financing with Navy they told me they would have to give me a buyers order to take back to Navy and pick up a check. I then said I already had the check (a blank draft) and then they said "oh wow your ready to go then" signed a few papers plus the check and that was it. I bought my car on 3/17 and the check cleared on 3/19-3/20 and the online account was listed when I logged in that following Saturday on 3/21 it was very quick. The F&I guy even agreed with me that I should stay with Navy to build a relationship because that's what he did with his CU and CUs will be there for you when no one else will.

This was my first car loan ever. I went used (large family and wanted to get use to the extra bill a month) but down the road I might look into buying new whih is why I wanted to build a relationship with navy.

I could be wrong. They might be able to leave it becausee he CSR I talked to said the same thing but the guy knocked on the door and when I opened it he was still standing there with a signature pad in his hand. When I got my Navy CC fedex'ed overnight. The delivery guy knocked and when I answered the envelope was sitting between my door and screen door and he was already walking back to his truck and I didn't have to sign. I know there are options on FedEx's website that allows you to reschedule delivery, pick it up, or change delivery address. Maybe when you get the tracking number call FedEx yourself and ask about them needing a signature and if they will just leave it. I would just call back on Monday and get the tracking number and go from there. Since it will shipped out on Monday you will get it Tuesday. They shipped mine out Friday and Saturday morning the tracking showed it was at my local FedEx facility but couldnt be delivered since it was a Saturday. Congrats again and thanks for sharing.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.