Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Auto Loan

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

NFCU Auto Loan

I have a 649 credit score. I have a membership with NFCU. I am looking at an auto loan with them. Does anybody know where I would fall with them rate wise? They cant tell me unless I apply.... most credit unions have a tier system. 

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a NFCU credit card with a $10k limit with a 15.65% rate if that helps.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Auto Loan

My husband got approved at their best rate with a 679 just a few weeks ago, post Ch-13.

Message 2 of 9
waterpistol
Established Member

I got a preapproval with 643 EQ score for 7.5% apr on a 30k loan with NFCU.  Had the dealership beat it with 6.25% then refinanced with DCU at 4.49%.

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy doesn't go off of just score for rate... it's somewhat annoying because when they do land on a rate you don't seem to be able to talk to anyone that actual decides that rate and how they come to it and im constantly told they don't reconsider or rate match but i have seen some successfully get rates reviewed when they are stupid high compared to others.

Message 4 of 9
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I got the approval from NFCU with a 2.79% rate for 60 months. Good rate. However I am very hesitant to use the auto draft. I am unable to get a DD-214 for my deceased grandfather who retired from military service. I have tried to get it a bunch of times. When I joined I told them I had his serial#, service dates all the details, and I did not have a DD-214 yet (Still working on getting it).

I have heard horror stories about their security dept and if you dont give them EXACTLY what they want, they give you the axe. My question is how would they handle that situation when someone has an active car loan??

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

once the loan is done they can close your accounts if they want! the loan is done.

I think you are probably good at this point

Message 6 of 9
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Could they call the loan and demand full payment? I'm just paranoid that I'm going to do financing at the dealer. When I called to inquire about the rate she offered to fedex the draft for free.

I've been with them three months. I'm just really hesitant to use the draft I guess.
Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have never heard of such a thing on an auto loan
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think its a big deal, and I think you would probably qualify for 1.5% with dcu anyway, might need to raise your score like 20-30 more pts at most.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.