Re: NFCU Auto Refi Approval

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

Hi all!

I did a search but could not find the specific answer so I decided to just start a thread.  I am in the process of opening a membership account with NFCU and I would like to know which scoring model they use to determine approval and rate for auto refinance.  I was able to determine that Equifax will most likely be pulled but I wanted to know if they use auto specific scores.  

One more question, after opening when do they require proof of veteran kinship?  The vet record for my family member has been requested but it is not here yet.  Should I wait to apply?  

They will 99% of the time pull TU for membership and then use the Equifax auto score to look at the refi application.  

Thank you!  I thought I would have received more responses.  Which Equifax auto score?

I'm not a 100% sure but if I had to venture a guess it would be the Equifax Score 5 based on 04 FICO.  

Edit - Did some research and it appears that they may just use the non auto enhanced version of the Score 5

Thanks again.  So would it be the plain Equifax Score 5?  Not the mortgage, car or credit card score?  I get confused between them all.  Let me check to see what my score is for that particular version.

Okay so my EQ Fico 5 score is 642.  How do you think I would fair with NFCU?  I'm trying to determine if this is all worth it.  

Sorry for late response.  Yes, if that is the case, then it would be plain Score 5, not any enhanced version.  I think you'll be fine if you arent buried in the car that you're trying to refi

No I am not buried, thankfully.  I owe less than it is worth.  I'm going to wait for my new score next week then app.  Thanks for all of your help.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I was turned down for an auto refi with them so I ended up going with rate genius who landed me at elements financial fcu. My EQ fico is at 660 according to the turn down letter but I do have quite a few inquiries in the last 12 months. I also am upside down on the car. I hope you are approved !
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also on the nfcu moibikenappmit says my eq is at 703 so I don't know why the letter had a much lower score.

Message 13 of 15
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also on the nfcu moibikenappmit says my eq is at 703 so I don't know why the letter had a much lower score.

That's interesting.  Did you have any other derogatories?  It seems strange that they would deny solely on inquires.  How many do you have?

Message 14 of 15
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

Hi all!

I did a search but could not find the specific answer so I decided to just start a thread.  I am in the process of opening a membership account with NFCU and I would like to know which scoring model they use to determine approval and rate for auto refinance.  I was able to determine that Equifax will most likely be pulled but I wanted to know if they use auto specific scores.  

One more question, after opening when do they require proof of veteran kinship?  The vet record for my family member has been requested but it is not here yet.  Should I wait to apply?  

They will 99% of the time pull TU for membership and then use the Equifax auto score to look at the refi application.  

Thank you!  I thought I would have received more responses.  Which Equifax auto score?

I'm not a 100% sure but if I had to venture a guess it would be the Equifax Score 5 based on 04 FICO.  

Edit - Did some research and it appears that they may just use the non auto enhanced version of the Score 5

Thanks again.  So would it be the plain Equifax Score 5?  Not the mortgage, car or credit card score?  I get confused between them all.  Let me check to see what my score is for that particular version.

Okay so my EQ Fico 5 score is 642.  How do you think I would fair with NFCU?  I'm trying to determine if this is all worth it.  

Sorry for late response.  Yes, if that is the case, then it would be plain Score 5, not any enhanced version.  I think you'll be fine if you arent buried in the car that you're trying to refi

@Anonymous I have been reading the other thread about PenFed and NFCU now using Fico 9.  Is that true for auto loans too or should I still expect Fico 5?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.