Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Auto Refi

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

NFCU Auto Refi

Well since I have the approval for Burbank City and I can't get it until tomorrow I thought I might as well submit to Navy and see if they would pull TU (THEY DID!) and offer me an approval and if they beat Burbank... I applied Friday and they just now called me to ask me to send in Drivers License, Social Security, and Util. bill which I find so odd since I have 2 credit cards, and a navcheck on my own, navcheck with partner, 2 savings, and 2 checking accounts... but hopefully it's good news after they review!

I'll post back results hopefully soon.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Auto Refi - UPDATE

Approved at 6.29%

Now the fight begins of what the H do they use to decide the rate of course the first guy just says "I wouldn't know because I'm not a loan officer"

okay so transfer me to someone that can answer

"That's not an option to speak to them, so do you want me to just close the loan?"

NO, I want you to transfer me to someone else and exit out of my account and don't touch anything!

They pulled TU which is Tier B (or 3) with my other credit union that I have the 4.49% approval... I guess this is why more banks are starting to adopt credit decisions and tiers of APR's based on fixed formulas so no one can be accused of favorites and discrimination... I have seen on this board time and time again with people in low 600's getting the 1.49-1.99% rates from navy so it's clearly not just score.

I should also mention that just 2.5 months ago when we were buying the car my partner and I applied jointly and they came back at 11.+% approval and my partner has the fantastic credit but they also pulled our EQ then... but navy seems to be cracker jacks after approved on what the rest of the terms will be.

I thanked the supervisor and told him to decline and close the request and submit that I was dissappointed that I do all my banking with Navy and they refuse to disclose any information pertaining to my personal loans and refuse to match or reconsider APR's and I was forced to take business elsewhere.

Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I don't understand NFCU auto loans either, I couldn't get better than 9% a couple years ago when a local CU approved me around 3%. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

yep, I was approved last month for an auto loan with Navy, but I declined it as well. They gave me the amount i wanted, but at 10%.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.