Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Loan Approved - 4.09%

tag
js0319
Established Contributor

NFCU Loan Approved - 4.09%

My wife and I just traded in a 2012 Hyundai Sonata with 64k miles for a 2008 BMW X5 with 88k miles, and we financed through NFCU at 4.09%. Only one pull through EQ for each of us, and the loan was for $23k total and a 60 month term. This included the cost of the X5, negative equity in our trade, and TT&L. The process was super easy, and we were at the dealership for roughly 2 hours. We went to go check the car out and liked it, so we called for a quick pre-approval and that took about 10 minutes. They were also very nice over the phone. The best part is that our old term was 72 months, and this term is 60, and the payment is only $12 more per month - and we have the space we finally need for our three kids. 

I jnow NFCU might not always have the best rates, but this has been the easiest car buying experience I've ever had. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Loan Approved - 4.09%

Congrats! Nice rate! The X5 is sweet.

I just scored a loan from NFCU also and am shopping for a Hyundai Genesis. Other than being too small, how was your HyundaI?

Message 2 of 12
sbcalc
New Visitor

Hello and congrats? Did you have a down payment for this loan. My wife and I are considering a used car loan with NFCU also. Doing as much research as possible.

Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

congrats but start saving for maintance on that BMW!!!

Message 4 of 12
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

congrats but start saving for maintance on that BMW!!!

No kidding!

BMWs are a money pit!

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I just bought my first car ever with Navy (it w...

Congrats! I just bought my first car ever with Navy (it was used) I didn't have a car picked out when I applied and was Instantly approved for 2.6K more then what we thought we would use. They overnighted the check and paperwork for free and then we went car shopping.

Since navy offered us more (and the amount more was still within our budget we ended using it all) we didn't have to put down a down payment as long as we stayed under the amount we were approved for. At the time I wanted to call Navy and ask for more but kept reminding myself that this is our first car and we need it used and we need to stay within out budget. we also decided to put down a down payment (we didn't have to) but wanted to, to cover the TT&L and only finance the car itself like I said we didn't have to though. It was a great experience and after we are done with this car, we will be looking into buying new (or late model) and hopefully using Navy again!!!!
Message 6 of 12
guydiver
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval, and your new ride!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had good luck with my 06 330i, it has over 200,000 miles on it and still is going strong.  They are not as low maint. as a Honda but they are not nearly as bad as many people say.  Having said that I do my own maint work because I enjoy working on my cars so everything is much cheaper than going to a dealer.  If that is not an option than I suggest finding an independent BMW shop, most towns have a couple of good ones and their labor is much cheaper than the dealer (same as any other car).

Message 8 of 12
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

Yes but with navy they have a heart I bet after 6 months to a year of perfect payments they would drop your rate a lot lower

Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 9 of 12
guydiver
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had good luck with my 06 330i, it has over 200,000 miles on it and still is going strong.  They are not as low maint. as a Honda but they are not nearly as bad as many people say.  Having said that I do my own maint work because I enjoy working on my cars so everything is much cheaper than going to a dealer.  If that is not an option than I suggest finding an independent BMW shop, most towns have a couple of good ones and their labor is much cheaper than the dealer (same as any other car).

+1.  I've owned too many vehicles to count over the years. Mine have never seen a dealer unless it was warranty related.  I even figured out how to work on my diesel truck after getting the oil changed once at the dealer and got hosed. I order most things on-line, filters, belts, etc. I think a lot of vehicles get a bad rap because they are somewhat neglected.  I just crawled out from under the DW's Hyundai.  Synthetic oil, filter, fluids checked and topped off, tires inflated, engine washed. That's every 5K. Same for my Ecoboost. I took it in for a recall, the service guy gave it a look over and asked me who takes care of my car? I told him the best guy I know, and he doesn't get paid to do it. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.