Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Pre-approval Reliable?

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

NFCU - Pre-approval Reliable?

I have been sitting on an NFCU pre-approval and wonder how reliable they are.  I refi'd last year with them on my Silverado but considering a new car for the DW.  It's not an apr lock as it states 1.49% or higher.  What do you all think from your experience?

As someone suggested I am getting financing locked down first then going car shopping.  Likely use True Car to get the ball rolling.

Target: 2015 Camry XLE

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - Pre-approval Reliable?

@BarryNTexas wrote:

I have been sitting on an NFCU pre-approval and wonder how reliable they are.  I refi'd last year with them on my Silverado but considering a new car for the DW.  It's not an apr lock as it states 1.49% or higher.  What do you all think from your experience?

As someone suggested I am getting financing locked down first then going car shopping.  Likely use True Car to get the ball rolling.

Target: 2015 Camry XLE

Very reliable.  The disclaimer is there because that's for 36 months.  It's 1.99 for 37-60 months.

Message 2 of 4
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Thanks Irish.  Not going to do 36mth loan anyway.  If it's 1.99%, then I bet I can get lower at PenFed or RBFCU(which already advertises 1.65%).

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied they called to confirm a couple of simple things and then gave me the rate over the phone and they honored that rate.  I have found them to be great to work with.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.