Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Refi Approval but...

tag
meagherrob
Established Member

NFCU Refi Approval but...

I was approved today with NFCU for a auto refi and what my main goal was to lower my payments.  Well they came back with a really high interest rate that would actually raise my payment.  Question is if anyone has had any success in requesting a lower rate?  I know on the CC side, most places have a "backdoor" number, but does anyone know if NFCU has anything like this?  I was considering bringing over both my car payments to them but cannot do that if they don't get the rate lower.  Thanks for any advise!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TATATA
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Refi Approval but...

@meagherrob wrote:

I was approved today with NFCU for a auto refi and what my main goal was to lower my payments.  Well they came back with a really high interest rate that would actually raise my payment.  Question is if anyone has had any success in requesting a lower rate?  I know on the CC side, most places have a "backdoor" number, but does anyone know if NFCU has anything like this?  I was considering bringing over both my car payments to them but cannot do that if they don't get the rate lower.  Thanks for any advise!

The same thing happen to me. Sent a message trying to get my rate lowered. Didn't work. Did not refinance; it wasn't worth it. NFCU does not have a "backdoor" number. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 2 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

If you don't mind me asking, what was your CS when you applied and what rate did they give you?

Message 3 of 6
meagherrob
Established Member

Sorry for the delay gettin back to you guys.  My CS was 627 and I was told my tier was a C-.  I had someone tell me to have my wife as the primary and me as the joint and hopefully that would help.  Well, My wife has a 671 and we were fully approved for 6.4% for 96 months saving us $150 a month. 

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@meagherrob wrote:

Sorry for the delay gettin back to you guys.  My CS was 627 and I was told my tier was a C-.  I had someone tell me to have my wife as the primary and me as the joint and hopefully that would help.  Well, My wife has a 671 and we were fully approved for 6.4% for 96 months saving us $150 a month. 

What are you refinancing??? 96 months!!!?

Message 5 of 6
meagherrob
Established Member

LOL yes 96 months.  I was forced to take a new job where I had a 20% reduction in pay so we are trying to cut as much as possible.  Because I was so upside down on this trading it in for a new car wouldn't work.  I couldn't even lease something so this was the next best option.  We have a plan in place to have everything paid off in 3 years so this really didn't bother me at all doing this long of a term.  We just submitted our other car to them yesterday and they approved this refi for us too for the same terms and saving us a additional $100 per month.  Plus, we will get $250 for each refi since they have that promotion going and we are skipping 2 payments.  Cherry on top is I have a brand new CC with NFCU and I have heard on the CC forum that they will be doing a BT promo soon so that should help save some more...so long story short we have a plan in place Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.