Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Refinance?

tag
samahok
Contributor

NFCU Refinance?

I have about 8700 left on my auto loan and am currently getting 6.5% APR with my current CU. I recently got a DoD job and became eligible to become a NFCU member so I did. Right now I am hoping to develop a relationship with NFCU and was wondering if it even makes sense to refinance with them with the hopes of getting a lower rate. My Fico scores are 688-698 and I make 70k a year. Should I even try? Will a couple of points lower interest even make that much of a difference in my payment or should I try and build a relationship by other means?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My current payment is $246 but I've been Paying $300 since day one. If more info is needed just let m know.

Thank you in advance!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Refinance?

@samahok wrote:
I have about 8700 left on my auto loan and am currently getting 6.5% APR with my current CU. I recently got a DoD job and became eligible to become a NFCU member so I did. Right now I am hoping to develop a relationship with NFCU and was wondering if it even makes sense to refinance with them with the hopes of getting a lower rate. My Fico scores are 688-698 and I make 70k a year. Should I even try? Will a couple of points lower interest even make that much of a difference in my payment or should I try and build a relationship by other means?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My current payment is $246 but I've been Paying $300 since day one. If more info is needed just let m know.

Thank you in advance!!!

If I were in your shoes, I'd refinance.  Not so much for the difference in payments but to establish a relationship with them. If you haven't already you should apply for a credit card and LOC from them.  Do all 3 and you'll be off to a great chart with them.  NFCU is extremely generous so you can't go wrong with them.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@samahok wrote:

Thank you in advance!!!

Try PenFed They offer 0.99% for 48 months. If your credit history is good. you could get best rate Smiley Happy

I was just approved for 0.99% APR for months. bye bye to Santander 7.02% APR

Message 3 of 5
samahok
Contributor

I had thought about penfed but was afraid that my missed student loan payments from '12 and relatively new credit profile would have scared them off. I have heard nothing but great things about NFCU, and want that relationship with them. Do you know if it would be better for me to apply with them online or in the actual branch?

Thanks again
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@samahok wrote:
I had thought about penfed but was afraid that my missed student loan payments from '12 and relatively new credit profile would have scared them off. I have heard nothing but great things about NFCU, and want that relationship with them. Do you know if it would be better for me to apply with them online or in the actual branch?

Thanks again

Try Online! It would be more easier. these days PenFed offer 0.99% for 48 months

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.