Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU VS USAA REFINANCE QUESTION

tag
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

NFCU VS USAA REFINANCE QUESTION

what credit score are USAA versus NFCU looking at for the lowest auto refinance rate, i need 2.99% i believe NFCU is a bit more lenient in scores than USAA not sure if im right on that one.  Trying to figure out which one to apply for.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU VS USAA REFINANCE QUESTION

I am also a member of both and love them both for different reasons, but when it comes to any credit product NFCU will always be my first choice for ease of approval and / or recon ability, customer service and rates.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
Dustink
Valued Contributor

+1

NFCU is easier, but you can apply for both and see if they will compete. As in app at NFCU, then call USAA and see if they will beat the rate offered by NFCU.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 4
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@kerbear1969 wrote:

what credit score are USAA versus NFCU looking at for the lowest auto refinance rate, i need 2.99% i believe NFCU is a bit more lenient in scores than USAA not sure if im right on that one.  Trying to figure out which one to apply for.

NFCU is having Military Appreciation week. If you refinance now until May 11, you get $300. It's worth looking into...

https://www.navyfederal.org/membership-benefits/offers-discounts/military-appreciation.php

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.