Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approval

tag
FA21
New Contributor

NFCU approval

I recently opened an account with NFCU.  Two days after, my17 year old son totalled my car in an accident (he was ok).  I decided to visit my local CU and with my credit at the time (638 EX) they approved me a 25kloan at 9.9% for any car 90% MSRP.  That  night I remembered my NFCU account and out of an impulse, I decided to apply to an auto loan.  NFCU rocks! They approved meon the spot for 24k at 4.4% for any 2016 or above car with less than 30k miles.  The funny thing is that my credit is still showing a BK from 2009 and 4 collection accounts from Midland.  I visited their branch next morning and after 10 minutes I have all the paperwork signed and the check in my hand.  Bottom line:  If you are looking for a car loan, dont do anything until you try NFCU.  Good luck to you all!

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Platinum $300.00; Discover (secure) $200.00; Bank One $300.00 (April 2017)

NFCU Platinum $1700.00; Capital One Quicksilver $1800.00; Discover $2000.00; (March 2019)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU approval

Congrats on the auto loan with Navy. I was also just approved and had the same experience as you. Navy made it so easy. Happy car hunting...

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 2 of 4
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval.  And I agree. Navy is good people.  I currently have my auto finance with PenFed (and they're fine folks as well) but I will definitely take a look at NFCU and compare them to PenFed before my next auto purchase.  Good to hear your son wasn't hurt in the accident...hopefully he finds his next dream car!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU has become our primary bank.  They are great to deal with in all aspects.  I am always amazed at how great their customer service is.  We also have Penfed and they are great also. We actually have a car loan with each.  I prefer NFCU in general because they are more generous with CC and CLOC limits than Penfed however Penfed generally has slightly better auto loan options and APR as long as you have decent credit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.