Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approved ....impatient

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU approved ....impatient

Good news...on a whim I applied for their auto loan online Sat night for a (used) exceeding 31k mileage loan. My car is fine but aging so repairs are frequent. Had planned on a auto loan anyway.

Asked for xx,xxx amount. Instantly approved and they countered for 25% higher. Accepted just in case. Submitted, Approved few seconds later with around a 6% rate. Received e-mail saying approved, docs and blank check will be sent out via my stated preference. Was OK with that at the time.

Kicker is, I chose delivery of check and docs via 5-7 regular mail delivery at the time. Guessing USPS is the method. But found the specific car I want 3 days later at a dealer. Looking back I wish I would have chosen to pick the documents at a local branch.

I know when I was approved for the cash rewards cc it took 14 days to arrive in spite of the 7-10 day delivery message. So feeling anxious now with nothing arrived yet. Car I chose is reliable but not as common as a say Nissan, Toyota. Hate to miss out.

Happy on the approval but have a feeling this will be a snail mail like the cc. Though about calling to arrange pickup instead, but seem's like it would be a hassle.

Btw: scores were 700 and 690's. 1/4 util. Clean report

Happy but venting. My own fault
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU approved ....impatient

I would just call them, they will hook you up at the branch.  

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU approved ....impatient

Put a deposit on the car and the dealer will hold it the extra few days for you
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.