cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU auto pull and process

tag
ljspeed

NFCU auto pull and process

Alright guys well it seems we are ready to get a new car.  I am wanting to verify or make sure on what NFCU pulls for new auto loans.  Just looking at the approvals it seems they do Equifax for new car auto loans and sometimes TU for refi's.  My wife and I just pulled our Equifax FICOs on here today and she is at 735 and im at 718.  We also have about 4 good auto loans in our history with no lates.  I was wondering too if NFCU pulls auto enhanced or if its just straight FICO?  Lastly, are there any advantages to doing preapproval vs knowing the exact car you are getting?  I see that the preapproval is good for 60 days.

Any experiences or advice would be great.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tryingforgoals
Valued Member

Re: NFCU auto pull and process

I think they pull straight Fico, I applied through them and my fico was the exact same as the Navy Federal score.

Capital One Secured Card (8/2020):$200 Capital One QuickSilver (1/2022):$900 Chime Credit Builder (9/2020) Capital One SavorOne Student (11/2021): $1,000.00
Starting Score:
TU:569(1/2021) EQ:529 (1/2021) EX:595 (1/2021)
Current Score: TU:626(02/2022)EQ:634(03/2022) EX:635 (03/2022)
Goal Score: TU & EQ: 700+
Message 2 of 9
ljspeed

Great! Did they pull EQ?
Message 3 of 9
Siopao
Regular Contributor

NFCU pulled my EQ when I applied for an auto loan with them.  As for the preapproval, I just put in my amount requested ($30k) and the next day got approved.  All I had to do was go to the branch to pick up my check.  You can also have them mail it to you if you don't have a branch nearby. 

Message 4 of 9
tryingforgoals
Valued Member

They pulled EQ for me. 

Capital One Secured Card (8/2020):$200 Capital One QuickSilver (1/2022):$900 Chime Credit Builder (9/2020) Capital One SavorOne Student (11/2021): $1,000.00
Starting Score:
TU:569(1/2021) EQ:529 (1/2021) EX:595 (1/2021)
Current Score: TU:626(02/2022)EQ:634(03/2022) EX:635 (03/2022)
Goal Score: TU & EQ: 700+
Message 5 of 9
ljspeed

Ok so great news.. just applied and we got automatically approved.  Just needing 39k but was approved for 46k, of course took the 39k at 1.99/72 mos..  We are looking to get into a 2013 Audi A4 premium plus.  So I was a little concerned since it said my payment would be due on 6/12 but our check will be ready at a branch tomorrow.  I thought we had 60 days?  And what if the car we want is not there tomorrow and it takes us a week or so with that draft?  Will it adjust our first payment date?

Message 6 of 9
electra
Established Contributor

Congrats!!  I just got approved too at the same rate!  1.79% for 60 or 1.99% for 72...that's their best rate!  Yay!  

Not sure about the payment date. If you have a pre-approval vs. a specific car I would think your payment would be calculated based on when you actually take posession of the car.  I don't have my paperwork yet so not sure how it works. (I will get it Monday)

I'm getting an Audi too...a Q5.  So excited!!  Mine is still on a boat.  Apparently the Q5 is so popular they can't keep them on the lot..should be here around the 20th.  Have you seen the hilarious new Audi commercial with the 2 Spocks?  Very funny...

Message 7 of 9
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  As far as the payment goes.  I got my check on 5/1, purchased my car on 5/3 which was a Friday.  The check cleared on Wednesday 5/8 and I'm showing a due date of 6/25 when I look at the account on the NFCU website.  

You do have 60 days, it will say it on the check itself.  I'm not sure how they figured my due date, but yours will probably be at least a month after your check clears.  Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 9
ljspeed

Wow that's a long time after the check cleared!  Well I was preapproved on 5/9 and it gave me a default date of 34 days out which was 6/12 for first payment.  When I called last Friday, the lady said that my payment will always be the 12th no matter what but if the check clears past that you will be bumped to the following month for your first payment.  We just closed the deal yesterday and im thinking the check should clear by tomorrow or definitely by Friday.  So I will keep a close eye online to see what it says for first payment.  I appreciate it.. Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.